Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Children? Child-Less? Child-Free?

2»

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Sabine wrote:
    No, it's not. Other than my trip to France, this last summer, it's been a pretty bad year for me. (emotionally, etc.)
    BUUUUT I'm trying to get past that, and thinking ahead to the future helps.

It is sad to he ar that it has been a difficult year, Sabine, and do you think that living in the fantasy of the future is useful? Is it any more useful that living in the imagination of memory?

In truth, my dear friend, the only place and time where it is possible to experience happiness, sadness, fear, joy and all the chemical stew of 'emotion' is right here and right now.

And do remember the wise words of Roshi Leonard Cohen: There ain't no cure for love.
  • edited May 2006
    I agree, Simon.
    Using the future to passify or 'ignore' emotions of today, they will com back to haunt you.
    especially in realm of emotion...
    Agknowledge and accept your emotions in the now. You can learn a great deal about yourself...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    It's well worth mentioning here - whilst we're on the subject - that the Future can only exist through forward projection of Past experience... Without anything upon which to base our ideas, wishes, desires, opinions or views, the Future is a completely non-existent concept or visualised fixture....