Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Off-topic question, visa waiver program

edited April 2006 in General Banter
Sorry for being so off-topic but there are a lot of Europeans and Americans here so I was hoping someone might know something about this.

Have any of you been to the US on the visa waiver program or otherwise know how it works? I know you're supposed to fill out some forms (even know what they look like at a US gov website) and show when you enter and then hand in the final part of it when you leave the US, but what I don't know is where to get these forms.

What I've read suggests that you should be able to get them on the plane or possibly at arrival, but I have found no concrete information that this is indeed the case. There is *nothing* about it on the airline website, which I guess isn't that surprising, but I don't know where else to look or who to ask.

Any clue where I'm supposed to get these forms? :confused:

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Hi there, we were given the forms on the plane when we went in October. They're green if my memory serves me correctly!
    We showed the form at customs and they kept part of it, the rest of it is then handed back when you leave.
  • edited April 2006
    Thanks Frizzer, that's relieving to hear. How did they know that you needed the forms though?

(Lol, sorry, I'm nervous and worried that I'll mess something up. Never been on a plane before, never been outside of Europe before, not been on any kind of vacation/non-daily-routine-thing for about five years and haven't been out of the country for ten. Also been making it worse by telling myself over and over (without really being aware of it) that there's so much that can go wrong, there's so much that can go wrong, there's so much that can go on. That kinda stopped after I started noticing it for some reason.)
  • edited April 2006
    You've nothing to worry about. :)
    Before you land the flight attendants come round the plane asking if you are a US citizen or not. If you aren't they hand you the form to fill out.
  • edited April 2006
    Ah, cool. Thank you :)

I've read a lot about all of this because I'd hate to get there only to find out there was something I was supposed to do and hadn't and be denied entry or something (still worried about that :p) but I've found nothing concrete about how it actually works before so I thought I'd ask.

Leaving on Saturday for 10 days to visit friends. Both nervous and excited. I'm looking forward to it. :) (And then when I get back, I'm sure I'll have tons of threads here to read :lol: :thumbsup: )