Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

so are we all

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
edited March 2012 in General Banter
Just a nice photo

A monk who was waiting for the train performed a religious ceremony for the man, who was found dead, Xinhua News Agency reported. Picture taken November 25, 2011. REUTERS/Asianewsphoto

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    he had a captive audience... they look kind of... respectfully curious......

this IS a nice photo.
    And no, i'm not going to research the background to see whether the photo is questionable...
    I did that with one and found it was a 'load of bull'... ;)

this one, is a pleasure.
  • Thank you op, I'm sure the lighting is natural and not done on purpose but I find that strange yellow-green- brown tone kinda makes me think of illness.

• Thank you op, I'm sure the lighting is natural and not done on purpose but I find that strange yellow-green- brown tone kinda makes me think of illness.

I thought a similar thing, seeing as I studied photography I got that notion of death and suckness from the tones used alone. The monk seems so calm and focused, but also compassionate in his action. Nice find OP
  • Everyone is dressed in black except the young lady, the person behind her in red and the monk. It's beautiful
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    @federica -- I don't know if it will put your suspicious mind at rest or not, but here is the source of the photo.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    No, i wasn't suspicious at all... if anything, i wish i wasn't usually such a cynic... it doesn't always make for an open, receptive and accepting frame of mind....
    It's a good photo, and i don't need to know anything more about it....

:)
  • It speaks for itself..

The photograph is extraordinary; it's not the sort of thing I see everyday, but who would question such a sight?

Collective silence seems to be the most appropriate response, even from a distance.

Thanks for sharing it.