Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Michael Bay changes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles origins for new movie

B5CB5C Veteran
edited March 2012 in General Banter
Michael Bay changes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles origins for new movie

Transformers’ director Michael Bay has revealed plans to completely transform the origins of 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' for a new movie.

Launched in the mid-1980s, the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' (renamed 'Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles' for a number of European countries, including the UK) have gone on to star in several animated series, but the new live-action movie from Paramount will have a questionable twist.

Originally, the characters were pet turtles that were exposed to toxic waste and turned into superheroes we know and love.

However, director/producer Bay, best known for the 'Transformers' movies, will turn the turtles into aliens for their latest big screen outing.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/michael-bay-changes-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-origins-for-new-movie-.html

He needs to be stopped.

Comments

• I agree! Travesty!
  • Oh man, this is terrible
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    Ugh.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Hey the Transformers series was pretty decent give the man a chance. :)
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    Heroes in a half shell... alien power :shake:
  • thats ... stupid
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Fuck you, Michael Bay.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    What I really want to know now... what does this mean for Master Splinter??? How can you explain a giant rat sensei without the toxic ooze explanation?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    :wtf: :screwy:

i have no idea what the hell you're all talking about.

it's a film.
    why is this so important, exactly?
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited March 2012
    It does nothing to destroy the original, that will always be there, so what is wrong with someone changing it and making a new twist on an old story? I personally don't see a problem. Hollywood has pretty much drained and exhausted every idea, we ended up with snakes on a plane...
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Do they still love pizza though?
  • Do they still love pizza though?
    Come on @person What space turtles do not love pizza?
  • Kinda hard to explain unless you grew up watching the animated cartoon and all films... cowabunga!
    :wtf: :screwy:

i have no idea what the hell you're all talking about.

it's a film.
    why is this so important, exactly?
  • Do they still love pizza though?
    Come on @person What space turtles do not love pizza?
    Freeze dried astronaut pizza...gross! I've had it at the NASA museum in Galveston
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Kinda hard to explain unless you grew up watching the animated cartoon and all films... cowabunga!
    you're mistaken. I did. That's why I don't understand what all the fuss is about....rolleyes:

• B5CB5C Veteran

you're mistaken. I did. That's why I don't understand what all the fuss is about....rolleyes:

You must become a 80s child!

Lets hope Vanilla Ice is not back:

Oh, spare me.....! :D
  • I loved the 80s!
  • From the same article: "And with another twist, Master Splinter is actually just a human with a genetic disorder causing fur to grow on his body."
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    @Federica I think the fuss is, Michael Bay is taking something that works (TMNT) and is firm in the hearts and minds of a vast majority of 80's born people (I'm 90's born but still watched and loved the show) and is essentially saying-

"Bend over and bite the pillow, I'm going in dry"

-It's a huge insult to everything TMNT, especially the fans. It is lazy, will be terrible, and just... Michael Bay damnit!
    From the same article: "And with another twist, Master Splinter is actually just a human with a genetic disorder causing fur to grow on his body."
    Oh! I missed the link to the article. This is just... ...huh...

I mean, I'm open to it. I'll see it out of curiosity. I just watched the new Twilight movie tonight where Bella gets married, then pregnant by a long dead vampire (who clearly has living sperm) and the fetus destroys her body and kills her, but Edward saves her by biting her a bajillion times all over her body (turning her into a vampire), and then Jacob 'imprints' on her baby daughter, meaning they are mates for life now.

I'm clearly no stranger to poisoning my brain.

And @Zayl ...man, that quote is just in poor taste. I don't know what else to say about that.
  • Thanks for ruining it for me...hahaha!

Yeah, just kidding.
    From the same article: "And with another twist, Master Splinter is actually just a human with a genetic disorder causing fur to grow on his body."

I mean, I'm open to it. I'll see it out of curiosity. I just watched the new Twilight movie tonight where Bella gets married, then pregnant by a long dead vampire (who clearly has living sperm) and the fetus destroys her body and kills her, but Edward saves her by biting her a bajillion times all over her body (turning her into a vampire), and then Jacob 'imprints' on her baby daughter, meaning they are mates for life now.

And @Zayl ...man, that quote is just in poor taste. I don't know what else to say about that.
  • B5CB5C Veteran

That's your problem. You watched Twilight. You are never suppose to read or watch anything from Twilight. Can I give you some Isaac Asimov or Robert A. Heinlein?
  • Master Splinter is a human with a lot of hair? Oh man, not cool.
    @Lady_Alison I ALMOST put *SPOILER ALERT* but just couldn't believe that anyone on here would like those movies, haha. It was so ridiculous, I feel like I'd be do people a favor anyways.

@B5C Er, my girlfriend and I actually have a drinking game for the Twilight movies... But this one we watched sober. It was entertaining enough to do so.
  • @zombiegirl...trust me, you did all of us a favor.