Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What's Your Spirituality Type? (quiz)

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran
edited March 2012 in General Banter
As a sequal to the Belief-O-Matic here is the What's your spirituality type quiz.

http://www.beliefnet.com/section/quiz/index.asp?surveyID=27

I got a 59 out of 100. 0 being absolute skeptic and 100 being pope like.

Comments

I didn't like this test.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I'm a 58 -- a spiritual straddler.

But, like Bekenze, I didn't like it either. There were quite a few questions where none of the responses fit me.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Yeah, I found the questions to be kind of biased and leading one way or the other, they work hard to box you into a certain category. Maybe they need to be for a ranking system like this?
  • 77... I am a questioning believer that questions about small stuff but not big stuff....yeah, it was spot on!

I don't believe in God, blindly.
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    71. Like Vinlyn there were questions that didn't have an option to answer to my ideal, so I picked the closest. On the whole though, I suppose I am a 'questioning believer'.
  • I think like all multiple choice testing...they do put you in a box...and we don't know the standard deviation....that's the problem with online quizzes...I had some trouble answeing sometimes, too.

I think this is a "how Christian are you" test...ah, idk....I like living in the Bible belt...I like freaking people out by telling them I'm an abrahamic monotheist who is Buddha curious....the Mormon girls go :"huh?!"....
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    60 - 69
    Old-fashioned Seeker -- Happy with my religion but searching for the right expression of it
  • For example, there was a question asking what I thought happens after death. My answer is: "I don't know;" but they didn't have that answer, so I had to pick "nothing" since I guess that's the closest.
  • @bekenze I think you're an agnostic...hmmm, what do you think?
  • Didn't like this questionnaire either, but I'm apparently:

Spiritual Dabbler -- Open to spiritual matters but far from impressed
  • I think those which tested below a 60 are unsatisfied with the test because it's biased. I, Leon and dandy tested high and I thought the test was fun...its for monotheists...sorry my agnostic friends.
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    40 - 49
    Active Spiritual Seeker � Spiritual but turned off by organized religion

That's pretty much me, I think! :D
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    40-49 - Active Spiritual Seeker - Spiritual but turned off by organized religion.

Well, I wouldn't say that. Just turned off by fundamentalism and conservatism.
  • I'm another 40 to 49er. I didn't like the quiz, I had trouble deciding which of the responses was most like how I think and believe.
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    58 - straddler...
  • Most of the options are just not at all applicable to the Buddhist practice I have been taught. If there was a "none of the above" option.. that would be most, if not all, of my test result. That is being straight, no pretence.
  • 60 - 69
    Old-fashioned Seeker -- Happy with my religion but searching for the right expression of it.

I thought it was an ok test, even though a few questions did not have an answer I felt fit me.