Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

celestial buddhas

edited May 2005 in General Banter
as much as i would like to believe, saddly i can only remain agnostic. i am realy envious of all these souls that have had visitations and visions of green tara and white tara to mention but a few. is it because i am relatively new to the dhama, or will it happen for me if i make a more concerted effort and get deeper in. come on, tell me about your slant on the celestial buddhas. there must be some one that can covince me they are there. or are there more like me, that for the moment at least, need a little more persuasion. tell me what you think.

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Steve,

You are not alone; I have not had any visitations or visions either. Like you, maybe it is because I am just starting down my path? Who knows?!

Adiana
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2005
    Listen if it's any comfort, even the Dalai Lama admits that he's never had visitations, visions, or 'supernatural' experiences. It's like seeing auras, or the white light in a near-death experience.... some do, some don't. But if you read a wonderful book called 'The Tibetan Book of Living & Dying' (by far the most read and popular book after the Bible - and catching up fast!) the author, Sogyal Rinpoche advises that you shouldn't get hung up on these experiences, or desire them, or feel envious of others, or even work towards them. In a way, they can actually be such a distraction, (in giving you the impression that "hey, I've made it!!") that you are diverted from the true objective, which is to just be, and be still, revelling in the full emtiness of the perfect 'Now'.... just enjoy where you are - there are those who may envy YOU that.... :)
  • ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited May 2005
    I saw my aura once.. it was a nice light blue...

unfortunately, I had a little herbal enhancement at the time :eek2:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2005
    :lol:
  • edited May 2005
    I see used to see auras all the time. Then I cut down on caffeine and my migraines went away. ;) Ok, I hope I haven't offended anyone here too much. Honestly, though, if something seems supernatural my first thought is to look for a natural explanation. On the one hand, I miss out a bit on that wonderful feeling that I've somehow been touched by the divine. On the other hand, I'd still be Catholic if I put much weight in dreams, miracles, etc. If there are deities/gods/supernatural-beings out there, hopefully they can respect my skepticism and have a good sense of humor.