Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

WHAT???

edited April 2012 in General Banter
Buddhist Time Prophecies

At that period, brethren, there will arise in the world an Exalted. One named Metteyya, Arahat, Fully Awakened, abounding in wisdom and goodness, happy, with knowledge of the worlds, unsurpassed as a guide to mortals willing to be led, a teacher for gods and men, an Exalted One,
a Buddha, even as I am now...
...He, by himself, will thoroughly know and see, as it were face to face, this universe, with Its worlds of the spirits, Its Brahmas and Its Maras, and Its world of recluses and Brahmins, of princes and peoples, even as I now, by myself, thoroughly know and see them. -Digha Nikaya 1

The truth [the Norm, the Dhamma], lovely in origin, lovely in Its progress, lovely in Its consummation, will he (Metteyya Buddha) proclaim, both in the spirit and in letter, the higher life will he make known, in all Its fullness and in all Its purity, even as I do know. He will be accompanied by a congregation of some thousands of Brethren, even as I an now accompanied by a congregation of some hundreds of Brethren. ---Digha Nikaya 2
This prophecy of Gautama Buddha clearly predicts that the teaching of Mettayya Buddha will be a worldwide teaching.

Baha'u'llah, the founder of Baha'i Faith, does not just fulfill the Buddhist prophecies. He is also Promised One of Jews "the expected Messiah", for Christians and Muslims the awaited return of Christ, for the Zoroastrians (Parsees) the Saoshyant, for the Hindus the Kalki Avatar, as well as being for Buddhists the Metteyya Buddha.

The prophecy of the Lord Buddha that the teaching of Metteyya Buddha will be much more extensive than his own is already being fulfilled through the Baha'i Faith, already a worldwide religion with communities in every part of the planet consisting of all the races and nations of humanity.

So what is this ' teaching that is lovely' predicted by Gautama Buddha and which Baha'is believe Baha'u'll'ah has brought? It is the renewed spiritual guidance and the new social teachings given by Baha'u'll'ah.

Full article here....
http://bci.org/prophecy-fulfilled/buddhasa.htm

personality I think I will stick to The Buddhas teachings

Comments

• edited April 2012
    just did a little research...the story behind this faith is kind of tragic, lots of people died, but its hard to believe this man was a buddha as the article suggests...also christians claiming he fulfilled some prophecy according to the book of daniel. IDK... just strange to me.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    In the Maitreya Buddha prophecy its also said that the teachings of the Buddha would have disappeared completely at the time. This is a part that is somehow usually omitted by modern day Maitreyas.
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, there have been several prophets and Holy Men who have laid claim to combine the Messiah-Maitreya-Whatever in one Enlightened, savior sized package. The Moonies also had an interesting slide presentation where they laid claim to this for their Rev Moon.

So the Bahai belief that they somehow transcend the other world religions is not unique and their actual beliefs are at least universal and peaceful and relatively enlightened.

Of course, since their main group of followers have to contend with immense persecution by the fundamentalist Muslim clergy who feel threatened by such an enlightened offshoot, it's not surprising that few people have heard much about them in the West.

All such "enlightened" teachings have to contend with human nature and that's where they always fail to transform the world for the better. The problem, it turns out, is not that we need the right divine prophet to tell us what God wants us to do. We've got plenty of those already and our jealous, tribal hatreds make sure new religions get stomped on pretty good by the traditional faithful. Turns out the problem is actually, people suffer because of selfish desires. Go figure.