Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What, exactly, is the supercollider looking for (in cartoon form).

CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
edited May 2012 in General Banter
If you're interested or fascinated by cutting edge experiments into the fundamentals of the universe and want the supercollider explained in a way you can enjoy and understand, check out this short animated lecture.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120501.html

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Ever notice that as the particles get smaller, the apparatus needed to divide them gets bigger?

I don't think we will ever find the smallest of the small without the biggest of the big. Mathematics as I understand it is conceptual but a whole can be divided infinitely.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5... We can go on forever.
    1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5... We can go on forever.

I think this line of experimentation is a good thing but somehow I don't think the fruits will be what we thought they'd be.

I think we are getting close to perpetual motion. The implications of which would be staggering.
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    I'd be happy for self sustaining fusion.