Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Monica, is it just me?

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited May 2006 in General Banter
Dear NewBuddhist,

this may sound a little weird, but I actually find Monica Lewinsky attractive.

Am I sick?

concerned Buddhist.:crazy:

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Now you mention it...but I still think speaking with your mouth full is bad manners.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2006
    mmm didn't expect that one...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    From my part....It is just you....:poke:
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Dear Xrayman- it isn't just you....Bill Clinton must have felt the same way. (She's not my type, personally, but whatever floats your boat...)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Bro,

Are you O.K?

Sis.
  • edited May 2006
    Oh geez...tomorrow are you going to tell us how sexy you think Linda Tripp is?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited May 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Oh geez...tomorrow are you going to tell us how sexy you think Linda Tripp is?

Ha ha ha ha...

Yikes!

-bf
    edited May 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    Dear NewBuddhist,

this may sound a little weird, but I actually find Monica Lewinsky attractive.

Am I sick?

concerned Buddhist.:crazy:

Like in a kinky way?

Like wanting to have sex with the Bearded Lady at the Carnival.... just because it's kinky?

Yes... you are sick.

Take two Pamela Anderson's and call me in the morning.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Do you guys like Pamela?
    edited May 2006
    No comment.

What I was going to say wasn't going to be very right...

Do I like Pamela? Not really. But she'd be great for winterizing my house for the winter...

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2006
    pamela=fake (everything).
    monica=real

Brigid, yes I am ok.

BF, no not in a kinky way.

Padawan, Yes I think he may have seen the same in her as well.

to be quite honest, I have no Idea why I brought this up...
  • edited May 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    pamela=fake (everything).

Finally! A smart man! :)

Xrayman, I didn't realize you were really serious about Monica. Sorry if we hurt your feelings!
  • edited May 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Do I like Pamela? Not really. But she'd be great for winterizing my house for the winter...

-bf

I don't get it.....

And don't call me a "blonde". Naive, sometimes, yes....dumb blonde, no. :)
  • edited May 2006
    From a survey I heard reported on last week:

First thing a man notices about a woman:

Third...her face.
    Second...her butt.
    First...her tits. (big surprise)
  • edited May 2006
    Yea, no big surprises there. I love when guys talk to women and they just stare at their chest while they are talking.
  • edited May 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Yea, no big surprises there. I love when guys talk to women and they just stare at their chest while they are talking.

grrrr don't get me started! Am I still being mindful if I say, "Please look at my face when I'm speaking to you?" .... minus the usual unmindful words that often slip in there? :D

*shudder*

Sas :buck:
  • edited May 2006
    Yeah...usually it's 'Uhmmm...did you say something?' ;)

http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan44ke.jpg
    edited May 2006
    YogaMama wrote:

I don't think I've ever heard a woman say that before.

I always thought staring at boob when talking to a person was in incredibly bad taste ... and odd.

Especially when I have a pair of ta-ta's at home that I can stare at anytime I want to!

-bf

P.S. Oh... Yoda... Pamela would be good for winterizing a home because of all the silicone for sealing windows.
  • edited May 2006
    BF...I am sure you know I was being very sarcastic. It's especially funny when guys stare at my chest because...well, let's just say that my chest does NOT look like Pamela Andersons! Thank god! But my husband likes them just fine. :)
  • edited May 2006
    Is it just me, or do we always somehow end up talking about boobs on this forum??
  • edited May 2006
    It' my favorite topic. That is, after death. ;)
    buddhafoot wrote:
    I don't think I've ever heard a woman say that before.

I'm surprised. If you talk to any well endowed woman with a brain...that comment usually comes up. Perhaps a silent grudge between us 'sistahs'?

I recall being pregnant and getting really steamed about the attention going to the belly. Complete strangers would come up to me and address my belly.

'Hey...idiot...I'm up here', and pointing to my face, was my usual reply.
    edited May 2006
    I used to work at a large company where there were two sisters that worked there as well. Both ... quite ... well endowed.

On a couple different occassions, while I was talking to one sister, the other sister would come in behind her, slip her arms through her sisters and then start playing with her sister's boobs. I mean... really start playing with them.

Ummm.... let's just say that for a 19 year old boy - it was quite... uncomfortable. Lots of redness and sweating on my part.

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    Bad, bad women. Not ladylike...to mess with the lad like that. :)
    edited May 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Is it just me, or do we always somehow end up talking about boobs on this forum??

It's because many of us are boobs on this forum.

Complete boobs.

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    Yes, that is true!
  • edited May 2006
    Harlan...I know what you mean. And complete strangers just coming up and touching my belly! Freaked me out. And let's just say that I got lots of extra attention when I was breastfeeding and my breasts were considerably larger. It was crazy.
  • edited May 2006
    I...am...a...boob? A...Buddhist boob? A...booby?

And all those years of college trying to validate myself as an intellect. What a waste of time and money.
  • edited May 2006
    (Time to retire to the 'women only' section.)

Come on, admit it YM (and other ladies)...best sex you ever had was while nursing. ;)
  • edited May 2006
    Yep - when I was nursing and when I was pregnant!
  • MichelleMichelle Explorer
    edited May 2006
    Something I have found more irritating than men staring at my chest..... men staring at my 16 year old daughters chest. Grrr!!!

Why can't they stay toddlers forever?!

Have a great day,
    Michelle
  • edited May 2006
    Oooohhhh...I am SO not ready for that! I can't even imgaine how that would make me feel. Having a daughter sure is hard, isn't it? Like my husband has always said "If you have a son, you only have to worry about HIM. If you have a daughter, you have to worry about her and every other man in the world!". It's so true.
  • edited May 2006
    Ditto. My daughter turned 13 last month...and it has started. I am finding a teenage daughter to be much more challenging than raising a son.
    edited May 2006
    There are a couple of guys at work who's daughters are now in their teens.

They have pictures of their daughters on their desks.

I've made it a point, just about everytime I go in their office to make comments about how hot their daughters are and what a great rack they have.

The first time, they were completely shocked and said, "WTF!!?!?!?!??!?!"

Then I reminded them of all the cattin' around they did as teenagers with teenage girls.

Then I speak of this thing called "karma".

Then they say, "Ohhhhhhh shit!"

-bf
    edited May 2006
    Anyway... back on topic.

She is a beautiful person who has left an incredible mark on US History and the Tabacco Industry.

-bf
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Confession time. I really suck at this. I catch myself doing this stuff quite frequently. Funny thing is, catching myself doing this, then trying to stop it makes me very distracted and I have a very hard time keeping eye contact sometimes. And by being so painfully aware of this tendency of mine, I think I draw the attention of others to it. I think I have a look of guilt or shame when I realize that I'm doing it, and that is a dead give away. Rrrgh, very frustrating. The mind is sooo compulsive, and this lust thing runs deep. LOTS and lots of conditioning from my teenage years and early 20's.

Anyway, I apologize to all women everywhere that I have done this to, and to the one's I haven't done it to yet. This is one of the main things I am working on right now. Hmm... maybe I should start a new thread on this...

_/\_
    metta
  • edited May 2006
    Apology not accepted. ;)

I'm not into denial. Boobies, poop, babies, sex, death...it's all fodder for enlightenment. Come on over to the dark side...go tantric! Yeah, baby! :)
    edited May 2006
    harlan wrote:
    I'm not into denial. Boobies, poop, babies, sex, death...it's all fodder for enlightenment. Come on over to the dark side...go tantric! Yeah, baby! ;)

Ummm... you lost me.

Could you explain?

I'm somewhat thickheaded this morning.

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    Sure. By turning one's head, aversion to what is, one is not seeing what is.

'Oh...I shouldn't do this' is just falling into conditioning.
    edited May 2006
    not1not2 wrote:
    Confession time. I really suck at this. I catch myself doing this stuff quite frequently. Funny thing is, catching myself doing this, then trying to stop it makes me very distracted and I have a very hard time keeping eye contact sometimes. And by being so painfully aware of this tendency of mine, I think I draw the attention of others to it. I think I have a look of guilt or shame when I realize that I'm doing it, and that is a dead give away. Rrrgh, very frustrating. The mind is sooo compulsive, and this lust thing runs deep. LOTS and lots of conditioning from my teenage years and early 20's.

Anyway, I apologize to all women everywhere that I have done this to, and to the one's I haven't done it to yet. This is one of the main things I am working on right now. Hmm... maybe I should start a new thread on this...

_/\_
    metta

You know Not...

This really isn't "bad".

It's human nature.

My girlfriend and I had a long talk about this last night.

Noticing things like this, regardless of your gender or sexual preference, goes much deeper than what is politically correct.

My girlfriend says that women check out butts and wonder about "things" when seeing men. It's human nature.

But there is also a time and a place for everything.

When talking with someone, staring at their butt or chest, is not the time for that. Unless of course you're talking about their chest, butt, head, toe, mole, wart or whatever it is.

-bf
    edited May 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Oooohhhh...I am SO not ready for that! I can't even imgaine how that would make me feel. Having a daughter sure is hard, isn't it? Like my husband has always said "If you have a son, you only have to worry about HIM. If you have a daughter, you have to worry about her and every other man in the world!". It's so true.

I'm not ready either, and I'm THERE! Yes, daughters are tough. I have 4 they are 16, 14, 8 & 8. The twins love to put balloons in their shirts so they look like Allison, my 16 year old.

Your husband is excatly right. I worry everytime my teenagers leave the house together. Now that the oldest one can drive and they don't need me to take them to the mall...I really stress out.

I'm to the point now where when any man chooses to have a conversation with my chest- I find it quite comical. I'm almost 40 , I've breast fed 4 children....things just aren't what they used to be. When this push up bra comes off- I become a 34C long.

But my daughters...then the "Mom Horns" come out.
    edited May 2006
    Fortunately or unfortunately...

Now everything that you've taught them is what will come into play regarding their minds and their bodies.

Very scary to let them out on their own.

Children should be caged from 14 to 30 - just for their own safety. :)

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    Michelle wrote:
    When this push up bra comes off- I become a 34C long.

LOL!!! LOL!!!

My daughter will not be dating, or leaving the house until she turns 30. ;) Not only does she have the most protective dad in the world, she also has the most protective mom! Poor kid.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    I'm a heterosexual woman and I have trouble sometimes not looking at huge boobs. Especially when they're out on display and since the advent of plastic surgery. In the province of Ontario, where I live, a law was passed about 15 years ago that makes it legal for females to go topless in public just like males in places where it's not inappropriate. It's very rarely exercised but it's a progressive law nonetheless. The reason I notice boobs is because of the taboo and societal pressure to hide them.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    It's kinda hard to know where to look, when you have two Mount Everests looking atcha....!

there was a programme on tv (day-time chat crap, you know the type....) a girl of 18 had just got over an operation to increase her bust size and was saving up for another, to do the same again....! She's a 'glamour model' and wanted to be taken seriously... A guy in the audience got up and said, quite bluntly....

"You go ahead with the next op., and everyone will just take you for trash. Don't do it!"

Quite. :wow:
  • edited May 2006
    Oh no, Fede, you've been watching Jeremy Kyle again? :grin:

You're doomed! :lol:

Sas :buck:
    edited May 2006
    Well....How would you know, unless.....??!!??

We're BOTH dooooomed, Captain, Aye....DOOOOOOMED....!! :eekblue: :D
  • edited May 2006
    No way! I watch The Wright Stuff over breakfast after taking the kids to school.... so I'm slightly less doomed than you........ but only just!

Mind you, I usually only manage 15 minutes max. watching the drivel they talk about and end up switching to News 24 - which usually just depresses me for the day :D:lol:
    edited May 2006
    We can't win...It's getting so that everything entertaining or enjoyable is illegal, immoral or fattening.... :(:lol:
  • edited May 2006
    federica wrote:
    It's getting so that everything entertaining or enjoyable is illegal, immoral or fattening.... :(:lol:

LOL Sounds good to me :rockon: :cheer: :lol::lol:
    edited May 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Fortunately or unfortunately...

Now everything that you've taught them is what will come into play regarding their minds and their bodies.

Very scary to let them out on their own.

Children should be caged from 14 to 30 - just for their own safety. :)

-bf

You are exactly right - about what I've taught them and caging them :).
    Our biggest debate so far has been skirt length. Not bad with 2 teenagers in the house.
    I just hope we have taught them well.

Namaste,
    Michelle