Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Badges?

13»

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    I got some badges and several pleasant mornings, my coffee and me.
  • GuiGui Veteran
    This thread is hilarious and filled with irony. I'm now going to work on my signing off because I have better things to do badge. :-/
  • Dear Lincoln
    Thanks for your response, I will respond on the weekend :)
    Best
    Abu
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited May 2012
    "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

:D

( I was going to press the "Like" button )
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    I've disable all badges for comment count except for the 1, 10, and 100-comment levels. After you're at 100 comments I don't think we need to encourage you along any more. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Brian, who are you talking to? Me?
    The people being spoken to by Brian know very well he's speaking to them.
    You're fine @Jeffrey.

• SileSile Veteran
    edited May 2012
    I've disable all badges for comment count except for the 1, 10, and 100-comment levels. After you're at 100 comments I don't think we need to encourage you along any more. :)
    Aw man, I was really looking forward to seeing who got the first Mother (Of All Commenting) Heroine Award.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Sheeesh.
    Like you need to ask. :rolleyes:

:D
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited May 2012
    I got a badge for 2500 comments! 99% of them I can't remember at all. At the time they probably felt insightful... or even urgent.. ..essential. Oy. That is a big monkey mind. :screwy:

Doh!! that's another one.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    @Dakini To be fair, that badge is targeted at getting brand new members to learn how to use the forum software. Turning on the badge system means you only now get some badges that you might've otherwise had ages ago had it existed.

The goal is this: "Oh look, badges. What badges can I earn? There's a badge for "mentioning" someone? Let me try that." and thus another member has learned an important feature.

And if I turned off the 'beginner' badges for you veterans, then someone would complain that the new people got all the badges and they can't earn them. :p
    Thanks, Lincoln. this makes sense.

I got some badges and a set of steak knives.
    Yeah, can I trade in my badges for frequent flier miles?

Heavens, I never expected this thread to take off like this. It was just a simple technical Q, or so I thought... Do I get a badge for Most Popular Thread? We'll see how many more pages it goes. Maybe I'll get a badge for Longest Thread. So far, The Journey holds that record for 6 pages in a 24-hr. period. Just before he flamed out.

• Bodha8Bodha8 Veteran
    How about an EGO badge for the person with the most badges?
    @Floating_Abu, If you have a discussion or issue you wish to continue to pursue with a Moderator, kindly do it via PM.
    i have sent you the deleted comment as a PM.
    it has no place on public forum.
    Many thanks.
    Oh-my-gaaaaawd! I like just got a name dropping badge!

...and just the other day I was saying to the Dalai Lama and Paris Hilton that I just sooo hate name dropping... but Richard Gere said I shouldn't judge. I'll try and remember when I have lunch with Barack and Michelle next week... don't want to be obvious. :buck:
  • @Floating_Abu, If you have a discussion or issue you wish to continue to pursue with a Moderator, kindly do it via PM.
    i have sent you the deleted comment as a PM.
    it has no place on public forum.
    Many thanks.
    That's really disappointing, but understood.

Best wishes,
    Abu

@RichardH, I drop your name everywhere can....
    Any feedback on someone picking it up....?
    @RichardH, I drop your name everywhere can....
    Any feedback on someone picking it up....?
    No.. It just gets stepped on like worms after a rain.. :(

You on the other hand! One mention and eyes light up! :)
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Oh-my-gaaaaawd! I like just got a name dropping badge!

...and just the other day I was saying to the Dalai Lama and Paris Hilton that I just sooo hate name dropping... but Richard Gere said I shouldn't judge. I'll try and remember when I have lunch with Barack and Michelle next week... don't want to be obvious. :buck:
    LOL! Bravo! :clap: