Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Question about karma.

2»

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    my dear vinlyn, for your info, my grandma is Thai.
    so i do have some Thai blood flowing thru my veins.

Perhaps you should consider how your words make Thai people appear.

• thank you for kind concern about how the thais will feel.
    i have never had a problem with thais when discussing about
    thai monks who are flouting the rules.
    perhaps you shd consider how your words will make me feel
    since i am part Thai.
  • chariramacharirama Veteran
    edited May 2012
    But what about intent? If he doesn't see in as wrong, how can the intent bring bad karma?
    There is no evil there is only ignorance.

I think most people feel justified in their actions, that they are doing the right thing. I think that as long as we remain ignorant, it is impossible to make an informed decision so we do the best we can with what we have.

Karma, the consequence of our actions, is still there regardless of why we did it. Perhaps we would not have done it if we were aware of the suffering it would cause.

To be able to see things as they really are would be wonderful because then we could make all the right choices.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @hermitwin, @vinlyn, if you guys want a personal bicker-fest, take it somewhere else.

thanks.