Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meditations to cultivate creativity ??

edited June 2012 in Arts & Writings
Hi I'm new to the site and am a " struggling " Buddhist I suppose
However I do try to live by the eightfold path and meditate, I just haven't chosen a particular school/sect of Buddhism yet.
I practice a Loving kindness meditation and have had great success, just wondering If there are any artists on the site that find a particular meditation technique useful in cultivating creativity.

Thank you

Jake. :eek:

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Welcome Jake. Hope you find something useful here.

My own take is that there is a creativity that grows up naturally, irrespective of meditation 'technique.'
  • Generally any technique that is relaxing and allows free and open thought. Distant connections are often made in this state.
  • I have done spontaneous painting as a meditation at times. I just let the brush move without the expectation of producing anything.

I also agree with the other posts.