Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Kumaré

TakuanTakuan Veteran
edited July 2012 in Arts & Writings
I'm just hearing about this film. It looks really good, but I feel kinda bad for the people involved.

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    A good lesson to take to heart.

That doesn't mean there aren't people that actually qualify as an authentic spiritual teacher, just that we need to be discerning.
  • I saw it a while ago. He has his points and proves them all. The most interesting part is how he copes with his relationship with his followers and how they react to the truth. Also very interesting to see his self-made philosophy evolve into something he never quite imagined. Sometimes there's a little too much emphasis on Vikram - he likes to talk about himself. It's also repetitive at times.

About the people involved, without spoiling too much, they aren't abused as you would think.

Worth an hour of your life :)
  • That looks like it could be really funny! I'd like to see it, can't find it anywhere though :(
  • That looks like it could be really funny! I'd like to see it, can't find it anywhere though :(
    Can't help you, sorry. I saw it on TV :/

• TakuanTakuan Veteran
    @Ficus_religiosa, what network did you happen to see this film on? I've been wanting to see it myself, but there are no showings in my area.
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    http://kumaremovie.com/media

The interviews here are worth listening to.
  • @Ficus_religiosa, what network did you happen to see this film on? I've been wanting to see it myself, but there are no showings in my area.
    Danish Public Service! I guess that's also out of your area :(
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    lol yeah it is.