Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The importance of Humor

2»

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    I think that if every man were to entertain the thought that every woman is smarter than him, we might finally get somewhere.
    That's a big concept for a man to take in though... :D
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2012
    With such little minds, full of nothing, it really shouldn't take that long.....

(Ooooh... 'gender war' in the making!!! :lol: )
  • Mans reaction when he found out for sure (you have been warned!!):

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    That's what my H looked like when he discovered his jeans had been washed... and he didn't realise they could be....
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    That's what my H looked like when he discovered his jeans had been washed... and he didn't realise they could be....
    @federica -- There are many forms of enlightenment ... even for women. :p

• BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    Sadly (or humorously?) it's practice either way, in the States.
    Uggh. I feel even dumber after reading this for having allowed The Queen to trick me into thinking I was wrong. DARNIT-ALL-TO-HECK!

I feel even dumber after reading this for having allowed The Queen to trick me into thinking I was wrong. DARNIT-ALL-TO-HECK!
    She's good at that. :p
    I think you mean 'DARN IT'... it's 2 words..... :crazy:

:D

Indeed, but I think you'll find yours is enlightenment, ours is Enlightenment....

I have to stop this... it's so utterly unskillful....!! :D
    edited August 2012
    yes, unskillful... and dripping with karmic implications, as in your next life you'll probably come back as a man...*GASP*.... a short man...*MORE GASP*....or possibly even a short man with a hairy back...*TOTAL GASP*!
  • This site has a great selection of gags - including spiritual -

http://www.joke-archives.com/

Enjoy!
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited August 2012

Indeed, but I think you'll find yours is enlightenment, ours is Enlightenment....

I have to stop this... it's so utterly unskillful....!! :D
    @federica -- Perhaps you're right ... but it puts a smile on your face, doesn't it? When it comes to enlightenment, so-called, can anything beat a smile? (Watch your step! :) )
  • What Geof-Allen said.

Here's another from Swami Beyondananda
    his 2012 State of the Universe address

Swami Beyondananda says
    there's just a slight shift of emphasis between depressed ... and deep rest.
    And, as C S Lewis reminds us:
    Angels fly because they take themselves lightly
    yes, unskillful... and dripping with karmic implications, as in your next life you'll probably come back as a man...*GASP*.... a short man...*MORE GASP*....or possibly even a short man with a hairy back...*TOTAL GASP*!
    On other forums I frequent, I have the 'Moniker' TaraMaiden. I believe it is she who refused to be reborn in anything but the female form... Why do you think I picked her name?
    (Mind you, a hairy back on a short woman.... ugh!) And I'm already what one might term 'petite', so the height wouldn't concern me overly.... but a hairy back - ?! Yech!!!!
    hahaha... do your thang, TaraMaiden!

And, @OneLifeForm- thanks for starting this thread... it's been fun and funny and a good teacher.... there is a shred of truth in every joke!
  • @federica :
    hahaha... do your thang, TaraMaiden!

And, @OneLifeForm- thanks for starting this thread... it's been fun and funny and a good teacher.... there is a shred of truth in every joke!
    :)

Glad to be a part of
  • www.oshojokes.net

:)
  • SileSile Veteran

Sadly (or humorously?) it's practice either way, in the States.
    Uggh. I feel even dumber after reading this for having allowed The Queen to trick me into thinking I was wrong. DARNIT-ALL-TO-HECK!

She's not wrong at all - there are two different views!

They're substantially different, yet neither is wrong.

of course she's not wrong.... its me that I was concerned with being wrong... you see cause if they are both right, then only i was wrong by conceeding that she was right, initially. See how that works? :lol:
    They're substantially different, yet neither is wrong.
    The Queen is always correct. Unfortunately you colonials haven't realised that yet.
    :p