Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Jim Henson's The Cube

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited August 2012 in General Banter
I have a newfound appreciation for Jim Henson, especially for his experimental filmmaking, after seeing a collection of his experimental shorts, commercials, and TV appearances at the Hollywood Theater. Never realized how much he did before focusing entirely on his puppeteering work.

For example, in 1969, Henson produced, directed, and co-wrote an hour-long existential teleplay about a man trapped in a white cubical room called The Cube that aired on NBC. It's reminiscent of The Prisoner, and deals with a number of similar themes like alienation, identity, insanity, psychological manipulation and torture, and the fine line between illusion and reality, as well as questions about perception and the nature of reality itself that seem to suggest that life's ultimately a paradox.

Definitely a helluva lot better than the rubbish they show on NBC these days. I highly advise you check it out if you haven't already seen it.

Comments

• Did you see the documentary "Being Elmo"? It's about the guy who does the puppeteering for Elmo and it is one of the best films I've seen this year. He did a lot of work for Jim Henson, too. Definitely recommend the watch, it's amazing.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited August 2012
    @Jason......That was a WILD ride!!! :hair:

'All is All, & Is is Is'
    Thanks for the post!
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    Yeah, the monk scene was definitely one of my favourites. :D
  • Literally fell asleep. This ( ) cube, is much more exciting.