Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Disney buys LucasFilms

B5CB5C Veteran
edited October 2012 in General Banter
LucasArts Purchased by Disney for $4.05 Billion. New Star Wars Movies?

This press release outlines the details of Walt Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm for $4.05 Billion dollars. The details of this transaction includes LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic & Skywalker Sound and the rights to an untold amount of video games and licensing agreements that will suddenly come under question in a very trouble time for the video game market.

With this merger, Disney Entertainment, who also owns Marvel, Universal, ESPN, Pixar, and a huge number of Intellectual Properties, now gains the ability to do with the franchse as they like. The first move from Disney is to announce that Star Wars: Episode 7 is scheduled for releease in 2015.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/10365/article/lucasarts-purchased-by-disney-for-4-5-billion-new-star-wars-movies/

What I think?:

Comments

• Noooooooooooo

No more star wars. Please, no more. They already mutilated it, killed it and then molested its corpse. No more. I couldn't bear it.
    DaftChrisOneLifeForm
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    When they do it they had better do it right.
  • Like that will happen :shake:
    caz
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    It's going to be Clone Wars all over again. But bigger. Nooooo!
  • Will Mark Hamill be back? :lol:
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Jeffrey said:

Will Mark Hamill be back? :lol:

Yes, with a walker.

JeffreyBhanteLucky
  • Hicks' Law satisfied...

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    I think this is insane! And honestly 7th episode really? :(
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    Sometimes I feel like the only person on the Internet who just does not care about the merger.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    No, @DaftChris, you are not alone. Yawn.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    The 7th episode isn't a surprise, as Lucas intended SW to be a 3 part trilogy, so 9 episodes. Hopefully they aren't done horribly. On the plus side, there is a good chance Disney will release them in a better format, in the real version as a dvd set, which would be nice.

The other big plus, Lucas is donating the money from the sale (assuming it is approved) to charity, to education. All 4 billion of it.
    JeffreyRebeccaS
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Lucas isn't that great of a director anyway so for Star Wars fans this could easily be a positive.
    caz
  • Lucas avoiding the implications of the fiscal cliff.