Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

This book is a must-read if you are interested in buddhist meditation.

Comments

• hmm, I haven't read it, but it seems like this would be too "high level" for a lot of people, especially beginners and casual mediators, no?

Interesting you mention it, though, because I think Gunaratana's "Mindfulness in Plain English" is a great intro book.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Thank you! I'm with @buddhajunkie about "Mindfulness in Plain English."
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    +2 for Mindfulness in Plain English. Free in several formats here.
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    Personally, I have found pretty much anything by Bhante Gunaratana to be excellent reads. His insight and explaination rings true to Westerners in particular.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I've been reading his Beyond Mindfulness in Plain English, didn't know this was available, or I would have read it instead.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    If you're interested in anapanasati ( mindfulness of breathing ) then try "Breath by breath" by Larry Rosenburg and "Mindfulness with Breathing" by Buddhadasa Bikkhu.