Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Interesting articles from Cracked.com about Atheists and Believers.

DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
edited November 2012 in Faith & Religion
I loved Cracked.com and whilst browsing a couple of days ago, I came across these two articles about Atheists and Believers.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15759_10-things-christians-atheists-can-and-must-agree-on.html

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-both-atheists-believers-need-to-stop-saying/

What do you think?

Comments

• Weeeeeellll...... maybe it's because for me (and I'm only speaking for me), I've been exposed to, involved in, reading about, hearing about - and even writing about it myself- some form of Christians vs Atheists, and/or Christians vs Pagans, and/or Religious vs Secular since like 1980. ;)

But yet, I read the two articles above just to see if maybe there was a new take on this topic or a fresh view. IMO, there wasn't.

I'm so over this now, and for at least the last couple of years, since I left the Pagan path for the Buddhist path (with both feet instead of just one).
    It just doesn't matter to me.

The only time I concern myself about this issue is when Christian or any religious dogma tries to insinuate itself into our (supposed to be) secular laws and our government. THEN I will speak against it. Otherwise... over it.
    DaftChrisvinlyn
  • Very good.
    DaftChris
  • I think David Wong is hilarious.

I love Cracked :)
    DaftChris
  • Arguing whether God exists or not is unskillful. I think the articles affirm that. Good for them!
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    edited November 2012
    skullchin said:

Arguing whether God exists or not is unskillful. I think the articles affirm that. Good for them!

Why? And if so, so what?

• Oops. I used to many negatives and said the opposite of what I meant. My bad.

Arguing the existence of God is not skillful. The article still affirms that. And still good for them!

Again, sorry about the confusion.