Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mini Enlightenment........Have you had yours? lol

Wisdom23Wisdom23 Veteran
edited November 2012 in Buddhism Basics
Does anybody on here have mini enlightenments lol as i like to call them. Where you will be thinking about Budda's teachings and all of a sudden it all makes sense. Now when you first read some of them they ofcourse make sense but not fully until they have sunk in. At this point you just have a surge of super charged good energy and you can't help but smile lol. I have had a few recently quite wierd but soo cool.

I posted this just for poops and giggles i guess and coz im in such an awesome mood.

Much Love
lobsterkarasti

Comments

• Wisdom23 said:

Does anybody on here have mini enlightenments

All my enlightenments have been immense, like, elephants weeping, lotuses opening, all that jazz:p

lobster
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Miniature Insights sure they happen every so often we you've been practising for a while :)
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    yes. i probably wouldnt be alive today, had i not. :)
  • Break-troughs must be a lot more common than we know. We are all so moderate and so afraid of being exposed as a fake.

But when people drop their shyness; and talk about their break-through, other people think, hey wait a minute, that’s something I know too... And before you know it we are all talking about our minor or major awakenings.

When this happens we can maybe also drop the flip-side of making ourselves smaller than we are; which is making teachers bigger than they are.

I started practicing in 1989. So yes, if it would have been just pointless, boring and without any reward at all, I don’t think I would still be doing it.

lobsterWisdom23BeejTheEccentric
  • I had a dharma friend who used to enter samadhi, it looked like he had fallen asleep. Everyone at the temple shunned him as an unworthy beginner. Then they found out. Now all of a sudden he was an adept. :rolleyes:
    Wisdom23
  • Wisdom23 said:

Does anybody on here have mini enlightenments lol as i like to call them. Where you will be thinking about Budda's teachings and all of a sudden it all makes sense. Now when you first read some of them they ofcourse make sense but not fully until they have sunk in. At this point you just have a surge of super charged good energy and you can't help but smile lol. I have had a few recently quite wierd but soo cool.

I have pondered mathematical conundrums and have over time appreciated various insights from the same, seemingly bland set of stimuli - each is accompanied by a rush of hormones that tell me I am doing something positive for my survival.

I have pondered various DIY projects and have appreciated insights during the challenges, wrought by surmounting each and implementing self-created solutions - the same hormones it would seem.

The list goes on wherever I look - studying, reading, eating, sleeping, exercise, watching a film, whatever I do, my body appears to reward me with more rushes of good energy.

Or is it energy? or good? or anything weird? or more out of the ordinary than anything else?

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    Wisdom23 said:

Does anybody on here have mini enlightenments lol as i like to call them.

Yes, but I keep forgetting them again... :o
  • Many years ago when I was part of the krill, I was practicing Buddhist martial art drills, particulary intently. For what was probably only 8 seconds, the sense of me, self - went. Gone. There was just the whole room and the practice. This is not uncommon to athletes. You enter a kind of auto pilot, where you are no longer doing. It is just done . . . no big deal. :thumbsup:
  • My only cool martial arts experience we noobs were having to do riding stance lower than a broom handle. I tried several times and every time I failed I had to go to the back of the line. So it was getting impossible for me to complete the work out. Then the whole energy and the leader yelling at me and suddenly I was not even feeling the pain of muscle burn. It was like my body had a second gear that I had never known about.
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    I recall when the concept of anatta (not self) sunk in as I was on the commute home from work one evening. I was so happy i burst out laughing and kept grinning from ear to ear for what seemed ages. The people around me must have thought I was a crack pot!
    lobsterTheEccentric
  • Bunks said:

I recall when the concept of anatta (not self) sunk in as I was on the commute home from work one evening. I was so happy i burst out laughing and kept grinning from ear to ear for what seemed ages. The people around me must have thought I was a crack pot!

That the same one as me lol
  • Grinning like an idiot is one of my hobbies. I regularly have to change a LOL into a cough (do not want to startle the muggles). Also be aware of 'weeping' in public due to experiences of humility, shame at past transgressions, unworthiness of any merit etc.

What a wuss! :bawl:
    Bunks