Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meditation Timer App

I recently got a free meditation timer app for my iPhone that's amazing. It's just called "Meditation Timer Free" by Maxwell Software. You can set your session lengths and intervals down to the second. I've been using the interval feature for yoga postures and love it. I'm normally not one to promote products, but it's free and I think a lot of people would enjoy and benefit from it. If there's other great apps out there I'd like to hear any recommendations. :)

Comments

• I use Insight Timer, though it's $1.99. It has a bunch of features that i don't use, like statistics and stuff to track your practice. I do a lot of pranayama meditations, so the interval timer is useful. I can pretty much set up any type of interval i need.
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    I just use the timer on my iPod touch
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited December 2012
    Daiva said:

I use Insight Timer, though it's $1.99. It has a bunch of features that i don't use, like statistics and stuff to track your practice. I do a lot of pranayama meditations, so the interval timer is useful. I can pretty much set up any type of interval i need.

I double the "Insight Timer," it is definitely amazing, but it's for Android!:)
  • I have insight timer on my iphone
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    edited December 2012
    I use Insight Timer Lite on my iPhone 4 - it's free and offers variable time sets and some choices of chimes.
  • do these phone apps turn off your regular incoming calls or other notification sounds when it is set to "ON"? Because if not, I wouldn't be able to have my cell anywhere near me while trying to meditate.... it's always ringing or dinging with calls or messages...
  • Well, technically no apps control that, as that is a phone setting. I have an iPhone, and all i have to do is turn off the ringer, but it will still give a vibrate notification. To turn everything off, just go to general settings and just switch on the "Do not disturb" setting to eliminate all the notifications and calls/txts, etc.
  • Good to know, Daiva. Thanx!
  • Do not disturb rules.
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    Would using "airplane mode" work?
  • I use "undo" a handy zen timer. I recently acquired my own bell, so lately I've been using that. Definitely check out undo. It's quite good and free!
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    edited December 2012

I recently got a free meditation timer app for my iPhone that's amazing. It's just called "Meditation Timer Free" by Maxwell Software. You can set your session lengths and intervals down to the second. I've been using the interval feature for yoga postures and love it. I'm normally not one to promote products, but it's free and I think a lot of people would enjoy and benefit from it. If there's other great apps out there I'd like to hear any recommendations. :)

I use one similar called Insight Timer. The free version will sap your phone battery, but the one you pay for (very cheap about £1.60) will go into battery saving mode.

It's very good.

I'm pretty sure you can set this app to make your phone silent for all incoming calls and texts.