Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

HURRICANE WARNING

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited July 2006 in General Banter
"Danger, Will Robinson!"

My own warnjing signal has gone off. I am in such turmoil, internally, about the Israel/Lebanon/Gaza situation that I cannot trust my judgment. If I do not post for a while, it is because my heart is bleeding!

Comments

• edited July 2006
    I know how you feel Simon - and these hormones aren't helping!

Hang in there!

Sas
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Oh, I'm really freaked out about what's going on in the Mideast, too. People are talking about WWIII or something! :eekblue: How horrible!
    Hopefully, the UN will be able to...do...something...:eek2:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I'm very disturbed about this.

I hear politicians making comments like "Well... if Lebanon can't run itself as a country then, unfortunately, the people pay the price."

How cold and callous is that!?!?! That because of rebels (or whatever the hell they are) human life is now acceptable collateral damage!?!?!

-bf
  • edited July 2006
    I feel much the same way.

There's not much the UN can do with the US vetoing everything. They are sending in food though, as long as Israel lets them.

And now, the US are speeding up the delivery on weapons technology they sold to Israel earlier. Between this, and finding out (earlier this year) exactly *why* the religious right in the US is so adamant about supporting Israel, the situations feels incredibly absurd and tragic and horrible all at once.
  • edited July 2006
    I have also been following this debacle and I feel so sorry that it has to be this way for all concerned .:banghead: What a shame!

Adiana:confused::angry: :grumble:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I was following every tiny detail for the first week and it was making me crazy. Now I'm applying everything Buddhist I can possibly apply to this situation, practicing constantly and praying a lot. The Canadian government's not doing a very good job evacuating Canadian nationals from Lebanon and there's a lot of anger, fear and frustration. The bombs are falling around their ears and civilian areas are actually being targeted. BF used the right word, callous.

I'm going to keep practicing as much as I can and send as much loving kindness as I can to everyone involved.
  • edited July 2006
    It is heartbreaking what we (human beings)do to each other.......how anyone can think that another life is expendable is beyond my comprehension. I find it all so very very sad.

I believe prayer is sending out positive energy........Sunday at 12 noon Central Standard time I will be sending out positive energy if anyone would like to join me........Maybe as a group it might be stronger? It's worth a try. It surely can't hurt.........

We could do it everyday together at the same time. What ever time is good for everyone else would be fine with me if anyone wants to.........just a thought
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Okay, that's 11am Eastern, right? I'll be sending my prayers, and everything else I can think of, with you at that time, Deb. I like this idea very much and I strongly believe that the energy of prayer is much stronger in groups that are unified by purpose.
  • edited July 2006
    "Danger, Will Robinson!"

My own warnjing signal has gone off. I am in such turmoil, internally, about the Israel/Lebanon/Gaza situation that I cannot trust my judgment. If I do not post for a while, it is because my heart is bleeding!

My heart sunk deeper today at the news that the Bush administration is pushing the rapid deployment of a new batch of smart bombs to Isreal, front page of the New York Times. Join me in writing letters please! They may not listen, but we must act as we can. I voted so I have a right to "B- - ch". Don't be silent and let them think that you don't care, or worse yet, actually approve of what they're doing!!!
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited July 2006
    ...not to mention all the other hot spots in the world right now...

::

db060723.gif

::
  • edited July 2006
    Hey Boo,
    That's 1 p.m. your time....
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    ooops. I'm time zone challenged.

Magwang,

Great comic! LMAO!