Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

RE: My brother died yesterday

edited August 2006 in General Banter
Hello to everyone here.

I am asking for prayers for my kids and me. My brother died yesterday around 6pm. I was contacted around 7pm yesterday by the police and my brother's neighbor, Brian, who found Jim. Jim evidently was taking a nap in his recliner chair and suffered a massive coronary in his sleep. I am sorry to post such depressing news but I was reminded by someone here who I contacted via private message that I should share my sadness and allow my friends here to support me in my time of need. It's hard for me to ask for help but I am so angry, heartbroken, and confused that I don't know what to do! I have been trying to keep it together for my kids but I don't think I am doing a very good job of it! They keep telling me to take it easy since I had heart problems myself a while back which was one reason I had been away from the site for so long. Anyway, any prayers will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks so much.

Adiana:confused::angry: :mad: :bawling:

Comments

• edited August 2006
    my thoughts are with you adiana.. i can only imagine what you are going
    through..
    im lost for words.. but support is here.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I understand how it feels like when you feel deeply about something but the whole world seems to be advocating to not do so.

My condolences to you, Adiana, we are with you always. :)
  • edited August 2006
    Thank you for sharing with us, and my condolances to you and your family.
  • edited August 2006
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Condolances to you and your family.
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    My condolences to you too, I'm sorry to hear about your lost but rest assured everyone here will be more than willing to share this sorrow with you (including me!). I know you will find the strength to go through this. as mentioned by eveyone here, support is here for you.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited August 2006
    Oh Adiana :(
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    My condolences as well, Adiana. If you would like to PM me his name, we do phowa practice for the recently deceased regularly at our temple.

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Adiana,

I will be thinking of you as I light the candles and perform the ceremonies. Please let yourself cry because it's not good to hold it in. You don't have to be "strong" for anyone but yourself so do what feels right. My heart is aching for you and I would do anything to physically take some of your sorrow away. Just know that I'm here anytime, night or day, whenever you need the shoulder of a friend. And know that we love you.

Your friend,
    Brigid
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Deepest sympathy to you. You are in my prayers. LOOK AFTER YOURSELF! check your own health out as soon as you can. Wishing you well, and your family as well.

regards,
    Richard
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    My thoughts are with you.

-bf
  • MichelleMichelle Explorer
    edited August 2006
    I'll be thinking of you, Adiana. Please be gentle with yourself .

Namaste,
    Michelle
  • edited August 2006
    I just want to say thanks to all of you for the compassion and kindness that has been shown to me and my family. All of you are terrific! Thanks so much! I also appreciate the private messages and those of you who sent me your email addresses as well as phone numbers. I never cease to be amazed at the kindness as well as the compassion of the people here at this site. Once again, thank you all! We are having my brother's funeral tomorrow and over 40 people so far that Jim and I both know and call our friends have shown up from all over the U.S! I am truly amazed also at the flowers and phone calls as well. I feel very lucky and truly blessed to have the friends that I have---both online here and in person.

Adiana
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Just an FYI, our website also has a prayer request form in case you want special prayers to be done for anyone. If it is someone who died, please indicate so, and we'll add them to the phowa practice (phowa is the practice of transferring the consciousness at the time of death, but doing the practice for people who have recently died is more a way of dedicating merit to that person to help ensure a more auspicious rebirth). Please make use of this service as that's what we're there for, and it really does help.

Palzang
  • edited August 2006
    Keeping you in my thoughts and intentions today.

I recieved the following from a friend just this morning.

Wishing you find peace where you are.
    Steve

"The Guest House"

by Jelaluddin Rumi,
    translated by Coleman Barks in his book *Essential Rumi*
    http://tinyurl.com/nl8g9

This being human is a guest house.
    Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
    some momentary awareness comes
    as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
    Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
    who violently sweep your house
    empty of its furniture,
    still, treat each guest honorably.
    He may be clearing you out
    for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
    meet them at the door laughing,
    and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
    because each has been sent
    as a guide from beyond.
  • edited August 2006
    I'm sorry.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Adiana,

You know that you and your family are part of my daily 'memorialisation'. Three of my siblings have cast off their mortal bodies and, each time, it is like another sword in the heart!
  • edited August 2006
    Adiana, my heart goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry to hear this. You will be in my thoughts. hang in there...we all love you!

Kim
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I have realised that, when we lose a sibling, we lose a witness to our own childhood and to the secret language of our first family. This came home to me very strongly when my wife's grandmother died aged 103. Although there were a lot of old friends at her funeral, there was no one left who remembered her as a child.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I have realised that, when we lose a sibling, we lose a witness to our own childhood and to the secret language of our first family. This came home to me very strongly when my wife's grandmother died aged 103. Although there were a lot of old friends at her funeral, there was no one left who remembered her as a child.

You make some of the most interesting and though-provoking posts, Simon.

-bf
  • edited August 2006

Simon,

So true, so true! What also hit both Jim and me was when our father died---we both realized that we were half-orphaned. It is a scary thing to contemplate one's own mortality. But, I tell myself that Jim lives on and I know he's talking to our dad and my late husband, Sonny. I also know that the three of them are watching out for the kids and me. That's a comforting thought, too.

Adiana:) :)
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I'm very sorry, Adiana. I read this thread a few weeks late, but you're still in my meditations.
  • edited August 2006
    And mine.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Hi, Rambling. Welcome to the board. I'm very glad to meet you. Make yourself at home and I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Adiana,

I've been thinking of you a lot and hoping you're doing okay. Remember we're here for you whenever you need us.

Much love,
    Brigid
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited August 2006
    Adiana, all,

I wish that I could give you some sort of material or spiritual comfort considering all of the many things that you have had to endure recently. I feel the same way for so many others here as well including Brian, Simon, and Jerry. I fight to find the right words to say, but as Brian once told me, sometimes words just seem empty. All too often, it is hard to do very much in the way of helping to shoulder the burdens inherent in this world besides giving a few words of support or advice, but the intention to do whatever is needed is always there. I truly wish that I could something more for everyone in their times of need—something tangible and meaningful. Unfortunately, due to a combination of human limitations and physical distance, all I can really offer to all of you are empty words, but just know that the intentions underlying those words are not empty at all.

With love,

Jason