Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what is the origin of some bodhisattvas and deities ? and other world?

i wanna know that manjusri ,tara , vajrapani , avalokitesvara and etc bodhisattvas and tibetan some deities live with gautama buddha? what is the origin of them? i know they are some of them not historical , but according to the mahayana and vajrayana they believe they are really exist. i think after gautama buddha reach the enlightened lots of bodhisattva and some deities came from another buddha's world but they were sightless to average statust buddhist sanghas and other people but they were sight to high level sanghas right? . i believe in lots of other world exist in the entire universe and all galaxies. sorry for my question and my english grammatical mistakes i am not native english speaker i am learning it
Jeffrey

Comments

• oooh, good question. I've been wondering about this myself. :thumbsup:
    Jeffrey
  • Buddhist deities have levels of existence.
    They are archetypes. Principles and qualities personified and engaged with.
    There is such a thing as Wisdom or Compassion and we can entangle or resonate with this quality. Does it exist in another dimension or realm? Who do you think creates these realms? The tooth fairy? :)
  • PatrPatr Veteran
    They exist in a different dimension.
    The realms stated in the sutras all point to differing dimensions.
    Ghosts exist in a different dimension from deities and also from us humans.
    They can see us but most people cant see them.

Can be explained by the solidity/ mass of our molecules, you can see a solid object very well, but not air... doesnt mean air doesnt exist!
    Dakini
  • in fact An atom is around 99.99% empty space, making everything in the Universe mostly nothing
  • Their origin? I believe it's generally accepted now that they were local deities and in some cases maybe even historical persons imported into the Buddhist pantheon to serve a function.
  • mettanandomettanando Veteran
    edited January 2013
    The mind.
    Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, worlds, gods, and men...all mind borne. " Mind is the forerunner ".
  • The universe is alive from it's own side. So it's not all up to us. Refuge.
    lobster
  • The universe is alive from it's own side.
    Saadhu, saadhu, saadhu

"I present offerings to all the Buddhas of the past, and to the Buddhas who abide in all worlds in the ten directions.
    May those who have not yet appeared as Buddhas quickly fulfill their aim, and appear as fully enlightened ones demonstrating the stages of enlightenment.
    May all worlds throughout the totality of space become vast and completely pure, and be filled with all the victors and Buddha-children who have come into the domain of the bodhi tree.
    May all beings in all directions, however many there may be, always have the joy of good health, and so that their hopes for enlightenment may be realized, enjoy conditions favorable for the aims of the Dharma."
    http://www.viewonbuddhism.org/resources/prayers.html#2