Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    What an interesting character!
  • Clinging onto a non conceptual state is also a dreadful affliction.

In zen they call it pool of dead water, but I am being picky.
    lobster
  • I recently bumped into a street alcoholic I've tried to help in the past. He's a friendly kind of guy, though he looks intimidating if you didn't know him (his local nick name is Mad Will). He was outside of a Barclays bank drinking a can of cheap cider.

I went over to say 'Hello' and he nodded, and said, "This is good stuff" and with the hand holding the can he touched his head and says, "it quietens down what happening in here".

I thought that was insightful. He knows the booze isn't the problem, it's what happens to him when he's not drinking that's the real root of the problem.
    sukhita
  • 'being is enlightenment and becoming is ignorance'

a beautiful statement
  • It's better than not being able to think and then, to have to depend on a shepherd to keep us in check.