Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Getting away from the "heady" conversation...

edited August 2006 in General Banter
Has or does anyone have plans to see "Talladaga Nights" with Will Ferrell? On my way to work today I was listeing to a radio program and they were getting callers that say they are bothered and offended at the movie's spoof on southern life. I guess it's creating an uproar here in the south. The movie was made as a spoof to the Nascar lifestyle you might say, not directly about southerners. Anyone planning on seeing it? I love Will Ferrells movies since he's one of the funniest people out there so I will be seeing it.

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I have to.

How can you NOT want to see a movie with a redneck called Ricky Bobby - with two sons named "Walker" and "Texas Ranger"!?!?!?!

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    I have to.

How can you NOT want to see a movie with a redneck called Ricky Bobby - with two sons named "Walker" and "Texas Ranger"!?!?!?!

-bf

EXACTLY!
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah, I plan on seeing Talladega Nights myself. I like Will Farrell and I think that he's a great comedic actor. I had heard that some Southerners were upset and were taking the movie personally as an attack on Southern people in general but I shall have to see for myself. My son and his girlfriend went and saw it and did not get that impression---they felt it was just a spoof on NASCAR. Jason said that I had to see it; that I would get a big kick out of it. I look forward to doing so. Since my children and I are all from the South, and my son and his girlfriend did not take it as an insult to Southerners, I am sure that the movie is probably not intended as an insult or spoof to Southern people.

Adiana :usflag:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    ....and they were getting callers that say they are bothered and offended at the movie's spoof on southern life. I guess it's creating an uproar here in the south.

Whoo'd a thunk it....? Sensitive rednecks....:lol: :usflag:
    edited August 2006
    Doesn't

NASCAR = Southern???

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Doesn't

NASCAR = Southern???

-bf

it used to but it's so big now it's everywhere....
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    it used to but it's so big now it's everywhere....

Everywhere? I presume that this is another USian 'world' sport?
    edited August 2006
    Of course it is silly boy.

It's so much easier to be the World Champion of something when you don't actually compete against the rest of the world.

One way or the other - we always win! :)

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    ROFLMAO! LOL!

Adiana:usflag: :D
  • edited August 2006
    LOL