Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thomas Gospel & heartsutra

edited September 2006 in Faith & Religion
It looks like a great betrayal, the whole christian story. Paulus, the founder of church, seems to be an roman agent provocateur and Emperor Konstantin censored the texts at the concil of Nicaea. The church are involved in censoring and suppressing free works at the places of archeological excavation.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

I think, that Jeshua ben Jussuf had been something like a Mahasiddha, a teacher of immortality and had been fully enlightened.

1 And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

He is able to handle the forces of elements.

10 Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."

And he knows, what Sakyamuni described as "the uncreated" in heartsutra.

15. Jesus said, "When you see one who was not born of woman, fall on your faces and worship. That one is your Father."

It is not reachable with senses,

17. Jesus said, "I will give you what no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, what no hand has touched, what has not arisen in the human heart."

You remember heartsutra?

http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/heartsutra.html

So, in emptiness, there is no body,
no feeling, no thought,
no will, no consciousness.
There are no eyes, no ears,
no nose, no tongue,
no body, no mind.
There is no seeing, no hearing,
no smelling, no tasting,
no touching, no imagining.
There is nothing seen, nor heard,
nor smelled, nor tasted,
nor touched, nor imagined.

Sounds similar, but, I think, it is not important, whether so or so.

The draco mundi, the WORLD, takes & make what it needs to build the wheel of karma.

greetz :)

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    I think you must be very careful in criticising other doctrines, and distinguish between what you know to be true for you, and what they believe to be true for them. Ultimately, Inter-faith discussion should focus on the central message of Unconditional Love, Universal Compassion and Infinite wisdom, found in all doctrines, rather than "You tell lies to manipulate". There are tales of such goings-on in all faiths, but that does not make the Devoted bad.

* As Forum Moderator, I would suggest that if you wish to discuss matters relating to other faiths, you hold them in the equal respect, reverence and dignity in which you yourself would like to be held.

I trust we understand one another. *
  • edited August 2006
    federica wrote:

I trust we understand one another.

Yes.

Where is the exit?

I dont like censorship.

I need that kling-kling,
    I trust we understand one another.

What is to do? PM to whom?
  • pineblossompineblossom Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Stage left.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I would be sorry if the Thomas Gospel were simply read as some sort of anti-Church document. It is of far greater value than that - and that interpretation would be historically as inaccurate as the spelling of the emperor Constantine's name above! His full name was Gaius Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus, the letter 'K' is not to be found in it.