Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Speedy Recovery Thoughts.....

edited September 2006 in General Banter
My surgery for my hernia is this Friday, so I would appreciate any "quick recovery" thoughts that any of you could spare for me. I know that Frizzer was going to send me some Reiki, but I haven't seen him in a LOOOOOONG time. Anyways, me having to relax for 4-5 days is not going to be easy. And not doing any exercise (yoga included!) for SIX weeks is going to be painful! Oh well, it will be a good lesson in "attachments" for me.

Thanks, everyone. Hope to see you all shortly after my surgery.

Kim

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Hey Kim,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

All will go well!

If you could send me your attachment to exercise while you recover I would be so grateful.......I really need the motivation.........I'd be glad to send it back when your six weeks are up. :)
  • edited August 2006
    You'll be in my thoughts, and I wish you the best for a speedy recovery!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Best of wishes. METTA is coming your way from me.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Now we witness a MEDICAL MIRACLE... :rockon:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I'll be thinking about you and sending my very deepest wishes for a quick and pain free recovery, Kim. Don't forget to meditate before you go in and keep a strong concentration on healing and recovery. Happy, warm and peaceful thoughts.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Hey! I forgot about your surgery... my bad.

Here is wishing you a speedy recovery! I'm sending you some of my mojo, baby. Yeah, baby! Yeah!

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    If you could send me your attachment to exercise while you recover I would be so grateful.......I really need the motivation.........I'd be glad to send it back when your six weeks are up. :)

I will loan it to you for 6 weeks, but may need it back earleir if my doctor gives me the "go ahead" before the 6 weeks is up. And are you sure you want my attachment to exercise? My husband tells me it's a sickness. :)
  • edited August 2006
    And you are all very kind. Except for bf...not sure I want his "mojo"???!!! :wtf:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    LOL!!!!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2006
    YM...Its friday here, so just sending you all the best and hoping you get well soon. Take it easy! What better excuse do you have for puttin' yer feet up?? :wavey:
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2006
    I hope everything is going great, Kim. :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I'm sending you lots of love and warm fuzzies, Kim.
  • edited September 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    And you are all very kind. Except for bf...not sure I want his "mojo"???!!! :wtf:

ROFLMAO!

Adiana:usflag:
  • edited September 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    My surgery for my hernia is this Friday, so I would appreciate any "quick recovery" thoughts that any of you could spare for me. I know that Frizzer was going to send me some Reiki, but I haven't seen him in a LOOOOOONG time. Anyways, me having to relax for 4-5 days is not going to be easy. And not doing any exercise (yoga included!) for SIX weeks is going to be painful! Oh well, it will be a good lesson in "attachments" for me.

Thanks, everyone. Hope to see you all shortly after my surgery.

Kim

Kim,

Smoke rises! I will send you some healing energy and good thoughts. I hope you feel better, soon.

Adiana:usflag:
  • edited September 2006
    Feel better Kim.............sending you healing energy too.........
    edited September 2006
    Well?

Everything turn out okay?

-bf
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I hope that all went well. Although I did not know you were going under the knife before the event, on Friday, I was at Men-an-Tol, celebrating the healing power of the stones. May you have received some of their grace.
  • edited September 2006
    Hi everyone,
    The surgery itself went well. My husband told me yesterday that the surgeon came out to tell him they were having a hard time waking me up, so that was a bit scary for him. But, my hernia is now repaired, so that's a good thing. The recovery has been a bit rough, though. The anesthesia and all the pain meds made me terribly sick, and throwing up with hernia surgery was NOT fun. I was hoping to be up and about today, but I still need to rest on the couch. Thanks for all of your speedy recovery thoughts for me....they are very much appreciated. The worst part has been not being able to play with my daughter all weekend.

I hope to be back around soon!

Kim
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2006
    YogaMama, I don't know if you can get hold of it, but look for a natural health supplement called Milk Thistle.

It's a terrific liver cleanser.... Anaesthetic stays in the Liver for anything up to two years. This stuff will knock it out of your system in under three months.....
  • edited September 2006
    Thanks for the tip, fede. I have seen Milk Thistle before and will definitely go get some. That anesthestic is some nasty stuff!
    edited September 2006
    Aren't there meds they can put in the anasthesia to make coming back around not so bad? I remember I went out for my wisdom teeth (a lot different, I know) but people said, "Hey!, be sure to get that crap they put in there so you don't feel sick when you wake up!".

I did and waking up was very easy.

-bf

As for working out - I'd have to agree with yer hubby. Quit being an idiot and take the time off to heal correctly. Your body needs to heal right now - not work out, bonehead.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    So happy it went well, Yoga! Now's your chance to practice patience and stillness while you heal. You can do healing visualizations on the sight they operated on and lots of relaxation techniques. It'll be great practice. Or you could practice actually doing nothing at all. lol! I find that one the most challenging.

I know a lot of people who don't do well with the anesthetic. My father, for example. He broke his hip a few years ago and they put him under to operate and put pins in it. He was very sick from the anesthetic and when the pins came loose and weren't working properly he had to go back and get a whole hip replacement. This time, however, he decided not to go under and had the hip replacement while awake with a local anesthetic. My father is the most squeamish person I have ever met and if he can do it anyone can. So if you or anyone else has to have surgery again ask your surgeon if this is an option for you.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out without going under and it was the easiest thing in the world. The needles through the roof of the mouth were a little rough but I got over it. The local anesthetic wore out twice during the surgery and all I had to do was put my hand up when I started to feel what they were doing and they gave me more. I wasn't sick at all from the medications and I even helped them hold my cheek open so they could get at the teeth. It was not a traumatic experience at all. Quite the opposite. I actually enjoyed the whole thing because they talked about each step the whole time and I could visualize what they were doing and I felt involved in my own procedure. It was empowering and totally fascinating. Local anesthetics work so well these days that it's worth looking into before going under the knife.