Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

just so you know

edited September 2006 in Sanghas
My dear Dharma brothers and sisters,

Just so you know I`m actually alive and unable to be online so much these days.

This, by all means, doesn`t mean that I`ve forgotten our special international sangha - indeed - I think of you all every day as I ritually wash the rice I eat.

I also thought that you might be interested to know I have decided to ordain and attend a monastry here in Japan, for a year or so. It`s just something I must do.

:buck:

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2006
    Wonderful to hear from you BSF....

Ordination will be wonderful for you, and I think it will suit you down to the ground.

Let us know very itty-bitty detail....!

Great stuff.
  • edited September 2006
    BSF,

It's great to hear from you! I wish you all the best with your ordination.

Adiana:wavey:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    That's great, BSF. I once long ago had a dream of going to Japan to do the exact same thing. My dream never came true, but yours is. Fantastic!

Palzang
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2006
    Best wishes for you, Dave! :)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Good for you, my friend-more power to you(is that what you say to a monk?)

regards,
    Xray
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    *gassho* and best wishes, BSF.

When I entered the Society, one of my 'J' friends gave me some good advice: "hang on to your healthy anti-clericalism."
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Hi, BSF. I'm so glad you checked in with us and that you're healthy and doing well. I'm thrilled for you about becoming ordained and living in a monastery for the next year or so! I'm so happy that you have the opportunity and I know this will be hugely fruitful for you. If you're able, I'd love to hear about your experiences so please feel free to keep us posted.

Much love,
    Brigid
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Shalom, brother!
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Ooooh, good luck! I hope you enjoy yourself.
    And I'd love to hear about ordination, as well. I don't know a lot about that type of thing ^_^;;