Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Funnies Section

MagwangMagwang Veteran
edited September 2006 in General Banter
plante.gif
keefe.gif
ohman.gif
sherffius21.jpg
sheneman00.gif
sack.jpg
bennett.jpg

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    And these are relevant to American Buddhism? How?
  • edited September 2006
    Magwang,

Even though I don't see how these funnies tie into American Buddhism, I gotta admit they are funny! LOL!

Adiana:lol::lol::lol:
  • edited September 2006
    I'm still in shock that none of you "get" the Landover Baptist gag.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006

I am still reovering from the shock that people take The Da Vinci Code szeriously, KP. Human gullibility is the reason that "gullible" has been left out of the Oxford Englis Dctionery. Just check it out.
  • edited September 2006

Kris,

As I mentioned in a previous post, I really don't care whether or not the website is real or fake. I found it to be in incredibly bad taste. After reading the first sentence, I was disgusted and I deleted the website link that was sent to me. To me, whether or not it is real or fake is irrelevant. Since I am Wiccan, I found it to be in bad taste. That's my opinion---end of story! I am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Have a nice day. We Pagans have enough prejudiced behavior to deal with without some real or fake website saying such garbage.

Adiana :usflag: :angry:
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited September 2006

What is the gag, exactly?

• MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    And these are relevant to American Buddhism? How?

Should have posted in the Lounge.

No meaning is inferred by these cartoons and I sincerely regret i any offense taken by supporters of the Busheviks..
  • edited September 2006
    Magwang wrote:
    What is the gag, exactly?

Sort of like The Onion, only a church instead of a newspaper. Since you're a fan of The Colbert Report, (which is itself a parody of The O'Reilly Factor,) I was a little surprised at your kneejerk reaction to it. Maybe I'm just used to these people, and am able to laugh at them when they are portrayed in a satirical fashion, since I live in the American South, or maybe I just don't have it as bad as the Pagans. :rockon:

Funny cartoons, though. :thumbsup:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2006
    * Magwang, shall I move it, delete it or close it?

Your call...... :)*
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Thanks Fed, pls move to Lotus Lounge.

kris, I get the joke now, I just haven't read anything there that made me laugh.
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I find it difficult to laugh at these comics. Sure, they're humorous I guess, but the subject matter is all too serious for me. This whole state of affairs is saddenning.

Take care everyone

_/\_
    metta