Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Movie that cracks me up

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited September 2006 in Buddhism Today
Hi all,

I was wondering how many of you had seen or know of a movie starring Dudley Moore, called Crazy People?

It is about the Advertising industry, this guy (the main protagonist, moore) decides to tell the truth in advertising! in the process, everybody thinks he's crazy. he is placed into a mental assylum, where the patients as well as him make up advertisements. it is hilarious!

My favourite part is when he decides on a campaign, "The creature from the black lagoon, this movie is more than scary....it wil F*&K you up for life!":zombie:

Is anyone with me on this? know what I'm talking about?

cheers
Xray

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Yeah, that is a funny movie. I have always liked Dudley Moore. He's hilarious!

Adiana
  • edited September 2006
    Was hilarious. Past tense.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    harlan wrote:
    Was hilarious. Past tense.

Now there's an interesting question! Dudley Moore is, indeed, dead, but he is still funny because the films and TV appearances still exist. Thus he both "is" and "was" at the same time.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I guess that's true, Simon. It would be true for Peter Sellers, too, wouldn't it? Thank goodness. I don't think my life would be half as merry without having seen the first fifteen minutes of "The Party".
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I have often thought that we have an interesting situation since the invention of moving photography. In the past, before movies, great performers, like Garrick or Grimaldi, gave a show and it was gone, just as a painting existed in its original only. Photography and cine have changed all that. We can see Sarah Bernhardt and wonder how anyone found her moving. We can see a young Peter Sellers in The Lady Killers (1955) and an older one in Being There (1979), both in the same day perhaps.

And we still persist in our belief that time is a single line, moving in one direction?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Well, I guess I'm not as high-brow as you two - I just spent the weekend watching his Pink Panther movies and soiling myself.

I love those fight scenes. I love his Mafia outfit. I love his Uber-hip Guy. I love the "old salty sea-dog back from da salty sea" and his parrot.

So... until we meet again and zee case is sol-ved.

-bf