Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

EIGHTY!!!!!!

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited October 2006 in General Banter
Chuck Berry is 80 !?!?!?!?! :usflag:

Just heard it on the radio.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    WOW!

I did not even think he was still alive! LOL!

Adiana:confused::confused: :type:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Not only still alive but still playing, too. If there is one thing that could get me to leave these shores again, it woulod be a trip to his club, Blueberry Hill, in Saint Louis.
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Chuck Berry...it seems familiar, where have I heard that name before? What did he do? :scratch:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2006
    He played with his ding-a-ling..... He is just a brilliant jazz-funk-hip-hop-blues guitarist and singer.... Deserves far more credit and limelight than some I could mention....Mr. Jagger.....
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited October 2006
    federica wrote:
    He played with his ding-a-ling..... He is just a brilliant jazz-funk-hip-hop-blues guitarist and singer.... Deserves far more credit and limelight than some I could mention....Mr. Jagger.....

He was also 'driving along in his automobile', among other things, and if it were not for him, the likes of Mr. Jagger et all would never have come to pass. The world of rock 'n' roll owes chuck a great debt indeed. Here's to him duckwalking for many years more!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2006
    Ah yes... "Driving along in his automobile".... Didn't mention that one, as it might be a bit of a sore point with Sabine, at the mo...... ;):grin:
  • edited October 2006
    Chuck Berry is 80??? That surprises me as well. He is great.
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited October 2006
    federica wrote:
    Ah yes... "Driving along in his automobile".... Didn't mention that one, as it might be a bit of a sore point with Sabine, at the mo...... ;):grin:
    >.o *twitches*

:rocker: <-- so he was like that, then?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    *twitches*

LOL! That was funny, Sabine. I love how you use those little star thingies.
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited October 2006
    'Tis my forum trademark!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    LOL!! It sure is! I love how creative online communication can be. It's so much fun!!