Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Adios for a while..

edited November 2006 in General Banter
Well guys, besides the occasional checking the forum here at work I may not be online for a bit. After a year of major struggling life has thrown another large wrench into the spokes for me. My family has pretty much had to resort to living/staying at various people's houses. We had a plan to move in somewhere and had actually thought it was set in stone, it wasn't and now we are left borderline homeless. We were told to save x amount of $$ to move in and we did. Than the last minute the people pulled out of the deal and noone has an explanation why. Even our families seemed to have turned their backs on us and we have no reason from them why. When we moved back home everyone was excited to have us back, especially cause they could see my 2 year old son again. Now it seems like noone cares what happens to us next. We have one week to find a place was what we were told by my father in law. If nothing comes up than I don't know what'll happen from there. Like I said, we had a plan and it all seemed good but the people we were to rent from pulled out hours before we were to move our stuff in, we even had all the stuff in our vehicles ready to make our way over to the new place.

I don't intend to receive any pity from anyone, just explaining why I may not be online for a while and when I do it'll be quick checks from work. Hope everyone is doing good and talk to you all hopefully soon.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I am so sorry! Sending you good thoughts and energy!

Namaste'
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2006
    You will be in my thoughts, LFA.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2006
    LFA, Sending all the goodness, metta and loving thoughts your way, I can.... as one who has also met with difficult times myself, I can tell you that even with absence from the forum, the love doesn't go away. Keep us to the front of your mind at all times. We are here for you and wishing you well.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2006
    And I hope you're able to get back to us soon!

Palzang
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Well guys, besides the occasional checking the forum here at work I may not be online for a bit. After a year of major struggling life has thrown another large wrench into the spokes for me. My family has pretty much had to resort to living/staying at various people's houses. We had a plan to move in somewhere and had actually thought it was set in stone, it wasn't and now we are left borderline homeless. We were told to save x amount of $$ to move in and we did. Than the last minute the people pulled out of the deal and noone has an explanation why. Even our families seemed to have turned their backs on us and we have no reason from them why. When we moved back home everyone was excited to have us back, especially cause they could see my 2 year old son again. Now it seems like noone cares what happens to us next. We have one week to find a place was what we were told by my father in law. If nothing comes up than I don't know what'll happen from there. Like I said, we had a plan and it all seemed good but the people we were to rent from pulled out hours before we were to move our stuff in, we even had all the stuff in our vehicles ready to make our way over to the new place.

I don't intend to receive any pity from anyone, just explaining why I may not be online for a while and when I do it'll be quick checks from work. Hope everyone is doing good and talk to you all hopefully soon.

Hey LFA,
    hope you see this post!
    your story gave me chills , man.

the reason is because, well I don't think many people know this here, but me and my family were in almost the exact situation. No one wanted to really help-just criticise. we ended up moving into a trailer park. nightly domestics and drug OD's were common-i was in america (OHIO) for three months while my wife and 5 year-old daughter were freaked-out by all of the violence-i couldn't do anything. certainly the lowest point in our lives.

Just remeber this though my friend, everyone here wishes you the best all the sane ones anyway (I can't speak for buddhafoot though:zombie: )

cheers-i hope the best for you and your family.

PM me if you like (when you can).

cheers
    Xray
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Good luck. We'll miss your input on the forums :(
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Oh, LFA! That's just terrible! My heart goes out to you and your family and I'm sending all my love and wishes for a good outcome to this mess. Please know that we're here always and you have a large group of people who care about you and want the best for you. I'll be doing whatever I can from my end to send you all my deepest wishes for peace and joy for and your family.

Your friend,
    Brigid
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Peace, my friend! :rockon: :)
  • edited October 2006
    LFA,

Take care and I look forward to reading your posts again real soon.

Adiana:usflag:
  • edited October 2006
    I hope you get the chance to check in once in awhile.

*sending you positive 'vibes'* :)

Been in a similar situation: we lost our home, our business and the 4 of us (and our 5 cats) were basically living out of two cars, and camping on the floors of whomever I could beg a night from. It was a very, very tough time...just trying to keep some normalicy in the kids lives, keeping homework done, getting a shower, orchestrating meals....

Best wishes...stay as positive as you can.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2006
    Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why - in this modern, technological, advanced western-society environment - do things like this, still happen?

It's just crazy! it's not even as if we are located in one of the 'backward' third-world less fortunate or economically deficient territories...So how come this is still as widespread as it is - !?!

Madness - sheer madness.....!:rant: :eek2: :mad:
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited October 2006

A quick question. What does your Father-in-Law plan on doing if you don't leave? Also, how can he justify sending you out to the streets when you have a 2-yr old?? I mean, it's not as if you have just been slacking on finding a new place. The place you did have pulled out the rug from under you with no warning. Could you possibly ask your dadinlaw for an extension??

Anyway, I'm really sorry to hear about this development. I hope you find a way out of it as soon as possible.

_/\_
    metta
  • edited October 2006
    oh dear LFA.. my best to you and the family.. hope to hear it all worked out real soon one way or the other...
  • edited October 2006
    Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone for their support and kind words, it's making things a bit more tolerable. Since last posting my wife and I have looked at numerous places and one in particular seems to be somewhat probable to get into. It is between us and another person, hopefully it'll be us. We're trying to remain as positive as we can, things like this are just out of our control, we can hope and try like hell for the best.

not1not2 said : A quick question. What does your Father-in-Law plan on doing if you don't leave? Also, how can he justify sending you out to the streets when you have a 2-yr old?? I mean, it's not as if you have just been slacking on finding a new place. The place you did have pulled out the rug from under you with no warning. Could you possibly ask your dadinlaw for an extension??

He said we have until this Sunday, not sure what he plans then but it sounds like we'll be out. The whole part of the reason the original place fell through is because of him actually. I found out he knows the people we were going to rent from and told them not to rent to us. I don't know why he would do this, he has given us no reason and acts like everything is perfectly normal when we are around him. If I were to point a finger at anything it would be his ego, which seems to get in the way frequently. The thing that is very irritating is he knew we were moving into the place for weeks but never said to us "hey I talked to the people and told them not to rent to you." No we had to find out the move in day that we weren't going to moving. Quite discouraging to say the least. I am trying not to be angry at him for the whole thing but it is very hard.

Well I've got some work to do but wanted to THANK YOU ALL for the support and kind words, you are helping more than you know.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    I'm still thinking of you and your family, LFA, and sending my very best positive energy your way and my deepest wishes for a quick resolution to your situation.

I originally felt like saying something not so positive about your father-in-law but then caught myself and realized that would hardly be helpful. So, instead, I'm thinking that he may very well be the person the Dalai Lama is talking about when he says that people such as those are very rare and actually provide us with the best opportunities for practice that we're ever likely to get in our lifetime. So keep on practicing, LFA. Forbearance, patience, empathy and compassion. Things will get better soon.

All my love and warmest wishes to you and your family,

Your friend, Brigid
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone for their support and kind words, it's making things a bit more tolerable. Since last posting my wife and I have looked at numerous places and one in particular seems to be somewhat probable to get into. It is between us and another person, hopefully it'll be us. We're trying to remain as positive as we can, things like this are just out of our control, we can hope and try like hell for the best.

not1not2 said : A quick question. What does your Father-in-Law plan on doing if you don't leave? Also, how can he justify sending you out to the streets when you have a 2-yr old?? I mean, it's not as if you have just been slacking on finding a new place. The place you did have pulled out the rug from under you with no warning. Could you possibly ask your dadinlaw for an extension??

He said we have until this Sunday, not sure what he plans then but it sounds like we'll be out. The whole part of the reason the original place fell through is because of him actually. I found out he knows the people we were going to rent from and told them not to rent to us. I don't know why he would do this, he has given us no reason and acts like everything is perfectly normal when we are around him. If I were to point a finger at anything it would be his ego, which seems to get in the way frequently. The thing that is very irritating is he knew we were moving into the place for weeks but never said to us "hey I talked to the people and told them not to rent to you." No we had to find out the move in day that we weren't going to moving. Quite discouraging to say the least. I am trying not to be angry at him for the whole thing but it is very hard.

Well I've got some work to do but wanted to THANK YOU ALL for the support and kind words, you are helping more than you know.

Wow. That really sucks. Personally, if that is the case, I wouldn't go anywhere this Sunday. If he asks why, tell him you found out about what he did. I mean, I wouldn't put my family in a homeless situation unless I was risking their safety otherwise. But, it's your life & I certainly don't want to tell you what to do in any way. I just would not feel any obligation to honor his request at this point, if I were you, if he did in fact prevent you from getting that place. Is there a mother in law who you could approach on this subject?

Anyway, I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope the Buddha's teachings are providing you with some support & comfort through all of this. And I hope this situations resolves quickly & favorably.

Take care

_/\_
    metta
  • edited October 2006
    Well I've got quite the update here, not really I guess. Today the wife and I checked out a place and rather than wait for this to happen and that to happen we told the woman that we would right away go to the bank and get her a deposit if it meant that we were able to have the place. So.... we got it!!! With no help, other than you WONDERFUL people keeping us in your thoughts, we were able to get this place. My wife is still a bit tiffed at her family for the shrug off but we remain positive within our relationship and my family has rallied around us to support us until the move in date, which is this Saturday!!! WOO HOO!!!

I still may not be online as often as I'd like to be, as a matter of fact I'm at a public library right now. But soon enough I'll be back on with a whole bunch of new questions for you all, not having a pc I've been in the dark with a few things so soon enough.

Hope all is well with everyone on the board and I thank you from the most bottom of my heart for all the support you have all given, I REALLY appreciate it.
  • edited October 2006
    That's wonderful news, LFA!!! So happy that you got the place. Family can be a real pain sometimes, can't they?? Thanks for the update! You and your family will still be in my thoughts. Come and visit when you can.

Lots of hugs - Kim
  • edited October 2006
    Oh wonderful! What a load off to know that you have a home to move into soon. I'm glad that your family is supporting you. Hopefully someday you can look back on this experience and see how it helped you grow.

You're all in my thoughts........ :)
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Excellent new, my friend.

I'm happy for your obvious happiness!

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    What a relief, LFA! I'm so happy for you! Now if we could only help you move...
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Good to hear-I know what a releif you must be feeling! woohoo for you LFA!
  • edited October 2006
    Thank you everyone!!! I'm just happy because now my son will finally be able to call some place home, poor little guy says he wants to go home sometimes and I don't know what to say. But now I do! This is an awesome feeling to finally have.

It's also great because moving around so much my practice has lacked seriously and now I can right back into it and rid myself of all this stress and such.

I really thank you all for your support, it means alot to know that people I have never met in the flesh actually care so much unconditionally, thank you!
    edited October 2006
    It's also great because moving around so much my practice has lacked seriously...

...Somehow, I doubt this...I suspect that even whilst you may not have been outwardly consciously 'practising', I am certain your Inner Buddha Nature has sustained you and guided you...
    Now you are simply conscious or manifesting outwardly, that which has helped you inwardly.

You never left, but....

Welcome home.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    I really thank you all for your support, it means alot to know that people I have never met in the flesh actually care so much unconditionally, thank you!
    I so totally know what you mean, LFA. When I started the thread "Need a little support" I was overwhelmed by the way everyone rallied around me. I have never, EVER, experienced anything like it in my life. I'm not embarrassed to say that there were times when I came here just to reread some of the encouraging posts people had written to me and there were times when I just sat here and cried with gratitude.

I've never felt support like this before, even from my closest friends and family. It's taken me decades to learn that we were never meant to get through this life on our own and deep down inside I guess I was always afraid that if I asked for help people would get tired of me and I couldn't stand to think that I'd be perceived as needy or bothersome. I know I created my own situation and the lack of support from my siblings and friends but I just felt so afraid of being judged by them.

But I had no such fears with everyone here and I'm only now realizing just how much this sangha has helped me through my difficulties over the past 10 months and more importantly, how this sangha has helped me find my own way through them. I never had any trouble meaning it when I said I take refuge in the Buddha and the dharma and because of this place and all of you I have no trouble meaning it when I say I take refuge in the sangha. We're a fortunate bunch, aren't we?
  • edited November 2006
    Yay! So the newsflash is, I am finally online at home. This computer seems to be extra slow lately though. Which in turn is ok, the wife and I have decided we are going to get ourselves a new one for Xmas. We have seen some great deals on used IMacs so I think the pc might be retiring. But anyway, back online and will be able to frequent the forum more often, that makes me quite happy. :)
  • edited November 2006
    LFA,

It's nice to see you again. Welcome back.

Adiana:usflag:
  • edited November 2006
    Good to have you 'round again.