Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Support/Prayers/Thoughts much needed!

edited October 2006 in General Banter
My mom just called me with some awful news. We have some family friends (my mom and dad have been friends with them forever - it was my dads best friend) and all of us kids grew up together and have always been very close. They have 5 kids, and there are 6 in our family. Anyways, one of the daughters was driving home with her husband and their 3 kids in the car, and they were hit by a drunk driver. The mom is doing ok...has some head injuries that they are checking out. The dad isn't doing well at all, and they don't think he will make it. Lots of internal injuries and broken bones. Their oldest daughter who is 10 years old was awake and saw it all happen. She was holding her puppy in her lap, and saw the puppy fly out the window and then get run over. She isn't doing very well and has some serious shoulder injuries. My mom is going to keep me posted, and I will leave to fly up there if needed. And of course, the drunk driver just drove off without any injuries.

Please keep them in your thoughts! I have just been sitting here crying. This is so sad!

Thank you all.

Kim

Comments

• edited October 2006
    oh sorry, I should have posted this in the "troubles and what ails you" thread.

Not thinking straight right now!
  • edited October 2006
    So sorry to hear this, Kim...
    Drunken drivers often cause too much pain. Last year a young man here caused the death of a young pregnant girl, her best friend and her boyfriend. If I remember right he got 4 years prison.

I'll pray that your family friends will get through this in the best possible way.

Lots of thoughts
    Olivia
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2006
    Oh my Goodness, YM, that is truly dreadful....Please know, and convey to those relevant, that of course they are all in our thoughts, and we send every good wish to all.... Hang in there dearest....
  • edited October 2006
    Thank you, ladies. I truly appreciate it.
  • edited October 2006
    YogaMama,

I am sorry to read of your friends' troubles. I will light a candle for them all and chant for their health and well-being.

Adiana:hair: :usflag:
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited October 2006
    :( That is so sad. I've been hit by drunk drivers twice. It's a terrible thing. I got off easy though. That poor family. That poor little girl :(

Sorry to hear about this, Kim.

Love from Warren, MI tonight :(
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Sorry to hear your bad news, YM. You might want to know about our Prayer Without Ceasing website where you can request prayers be done by our sangha members on our 24 hour prayer vigil (soon to celebrate its 6th anniversary in Arizona). Go to http://www.prayerwithoutceasing.org
    This is what we do it for.

Palzang
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2006
    What can one say?

My prayers and hopes go out.
  • edited October 2006
    Thanks everyone. No new news yet....my friend was going to call this morning to give an update but I have not heard from her yet.

We did find out that the guy that hit them had 7 DUI's on his record already and was, of course, driving with a suspended license. Why wasn't he in jail???!!! It's so frustrating. He fled the scene, but they found him a few hours later.
  • edited October 2006
    Some good news - whew! The dad is doing better and they said his injuries are no longer "life threatening". He's in a lot of pain (of course) and so is his wife because her back is broken in two places. The kids are all doing as well as can be expected. I can't thank everyone enough for your thoughts/prayers/chants, etc. I have no doubt that it was very helpful!

Love and hugs to all - Kim
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2006
    What can one say?

My prayers and hopes go out.

Simon pretty much sums it up for me too.

Yoda - you know my thoughts are with you.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Some good news - whew! The dad is doing better and they said his injuries are no longer "life threatening". He's in a lot of pain (of course) and so is his wife because her back is broken in two places. The kids are all doing as well as can be expected. I can't thank everyone enough for your thoughts/prayers/chants, etc. I have no doubt that it was very helpful!

Love and hugs to all - Kim

That's wonderful YM.... Thank whatever powers that be for the turning of the corner....!

We'll go on sending al our best...!

Hya B/F....Howya doin' pal? Long time no see - !! *hugs*!
    edited October 2006
    Hi there, sweetie.

I've been around. I've been in and will be back out for awhile too! :)

-bf
  • edited October 2006
    We miss you, bf!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Hi, Yogamama. I just read this thread and my head's spinning. Thank goodness no one's dead, except for the little puppy dog. (I'm teary eyed over that one. That poor wee girl!) I'm sending all my deepest wishes for their quick recovery and for your peace of mind and healing of heart. My love goes out to you, Kim.

Love,
    Boo
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited October 2006
    well I'm sad to hear of this situation Yoga, but at least some better situations seem to be arising for the family and for the support network that I think you are a major part of-Keep positive and best wishes and love to you and them!

Yo BF, apparently the quip about your cat avatar went unseen.... thought you'd miss it..na na na na nah!
    edited October 2006
    Hi XrayMan,

I might have missed it - I miss a lot of things. But feel free to rub my nose in it if it was good :)

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited October 2006
    hey BF, I was joking. But man I'd never rub your nose your nose in anything.

cheers mate!
    edited October 2006
    Everyone else does, you might as well too.

If I were you - I would too! :)

-bf
  • edited October 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    But man I'd never rub your nose your nose in anything.

cheers mate!

I would!!! I would!!! ;)
    edited October 2006
    See, X-ray?

Another satisfied customer!

-bf