Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A New Beginning

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
Just thought I'd share this short documentary about the bhikkhuni revival and the start of a new bhikkhuni training monastery in the US:

A New Beginning

Synopsis: "A New Beginning" chronicles the journey of two Buddhist nuns who left their lineage to forge a new beginning where they could access the same rights of ordination as monks. The film features the work of the Saranaloka Foundation, a nonprofit stewardship organization founded to bring Buddhist nuns to the United States to practice, teach and establish a training monastery for women.

Invincible_summerBhikkhuJayasaraEvenThirdfedericaVastmind

Comments

• BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited December 2013
    Excited! I will post this on my blog to spread the good word. More awareness on this issue is needed and there is much need for support of this noble effort.

This is anothet great website and organization for bhikkhuni support.