Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Death in the Middle East

2»

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2006
    I posted this in another thread...

Saddam's execution will equate to Friday, 12/29/06 @ 10:00 PM EST.

-bf
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Iraqi officials have reported his execution taken place.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    It makes me feel sick to my stomach. State sanctioned, cold blooded murder/execution makes me feel sick. I can't stand to look at his face on TV for the pity I feel for him. I shudder to think of the hells that lie before him. I'm filled with such a deep sadness. I wish he could be given an opportunity to do something good during this life. He's such a deeply delusional being that it's all just so heartbreaking. Sickening and heartbreaking. All the horror and suffering he's caused. It's too much for my little brain.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Oh. Damn. Thanks for letting us know, Ajani.

I'm hoping with all my heart that Iraq doesn't explode.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2007
    There is purpotedly an investigation going on with regard to the release of secret footage of his execution, possibly by one of the guards, coupled with the taunts and abuse he received whilst awaiting his fate.... Good thing too...

I also 'hear' that the U.S Government has sought to distance itself from the event, stating that it was an entirely Iraq-controlled event....

I apologise to my dear American friends, and hope they will forgive me, but I find this statement unbelievable, to say the least, and I view it with a high degree of cynicism....
  • edited January 2007
    FYI: As part of their coverage on the event Democracy Now has an Interview with Saddam Hussein online, shortly after the first Gulf War, it is supposed the last Interview he gave to an American Journalist.

I know no details of why the execution went the way it did, but certainly, the idea that it was entirely "Iraq-controlled" makes me laugh.

Regards
  • keithgkeithg Explorer
    edited January 2007
    federica wrote:
    There is purpotedly an investigation going on with regard to the release of secret footage of his execution, possibly by one of the guards, coupled with the taunts and abuse he received whilst awaiting his fate.... Good thing too...

I also 'hear' that the U.S Government has sought to distance itself from the event, stating that it was an entirely Iraq-controlled event....

I apologise to my dear American friends, and hope they will forgive me, but I find this statement unbelievable, to say the least, and I view it with a high degree of cynicism....
    No offense taken, I think we need to really keep a watchful eye on our own government. We do have authority in Iraq, we would have been able to influence when it took place, its hard to believe that we wouldn't have. People with power abuse that power.

I found a essay by George Orwell titled Revenge is Sour that I think you all would like to read. I'm going to be showing it to my grandpa who fought in WWII, I think he would really enjoy it.
  • edited January 2007
    No offense taken Fede. I totally agree.