Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

If this is such a 'Modern World'....

2»

Comments

• edited November 2006
    alotus for you. I had a great time with my cousins today. One I hadn't seen in 29 years.

In Gassho
    :cheer:
  • edited November 2006
    Iawa,

I am glad to hear that you got to see a cousin you haven't seen in 29 years. That's nice! I am also glad to hear you had a nice holiday, too. I know I did! I am wondering what to do with all of the leftovers! YIKES! LOL!

Adiana:wavey: :usflag:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Adiana wrote:
    Iawa,

I am glad to hear that you got to see a cousin you haven't seen in 29 years. That's nice! I am also glad to hear you had a nice holiday, too. I know I did! I am wondering what to do with all of the leftovers! YIKES! LOL!

Adiana:wavey: :usflag:

Ah! The leftovers. The days are gone when we could take them to the local hungry during the feastday afternoon and yet the need may be just as great as 100 years ago.

I suppose the shops are suddenly full of santas and reindeer now?

So glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
  • edited November 2006
    Adiana wrote:
    Iawa,

I am wondering what to do with all of the leftovers! YIKES! LOL!
    QUOTE]

That I was in the institutional food service industry for 13 years following my discharge from the Navy. Local UNi. was running a local meals on wheels program that shot out 2500 meals on wheels around Dallas, line and lead for catering services. Nine at EDS Corporate Headquartes dining facilties as a soux chef, for executive dining and satellite distrubution coordinator for five sattelite units.

Try : tetrazini with with mushroom sauce over small pasta, stuff prebaked potatoes with turkey and top with same reserve sauce and cheese, or with egg noodles w/ veloute sauce and peppers ( par boil fresh peppers to reduce stomach gas.) Maybe a torillia soup topped with jack cheese ansd freshly fried corn tortilla srips.

We'd blow through about 60 gallons a week, awesome cook-pump chill sytem. LOL
  • edited November 2006
    Actually, historically, the first restaurants served restoratives, which became soups.

Meat was hung and dried until it beame rancid. That's why we process the way we do today.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2006

I suppose the shops are suddenly full of santas and reindeer now?

No, that happened sometime last August!

Palzang
  • edited November 2006
    Palzang wrote:

No, that happened sometime last August!

Palzang

At the latest the first of October in Dallas. LMAO