Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

'Mysogyny.....

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited November 2006 in General Banter
The World's Oldest Prejudice', By Jack Holland.

Anyone read this?
I have just finished it....

...Wow.....

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    I haven't read it yet. I've read a lot of feminist stuff, though. Will this make me angry again? (kidding) I'll get the library in town to get me a copy. Thanks for the recommendation, darling Fede. Hey! Maybe my dad would like to read it. We were just talking about mysogyny the other day.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Have you read Riane Eisler's The Chalice and the Blade?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2006
    I haven't, but my Mother has... I spoke to her about 'Mysogyny', and she mentioned the Chalice and the Blade, but also added that she found it a bit militant and 'chip-on-the-shoulderish'....She's looking forward to reading 'Mysogyny', though.

I will try to find it and give it a go, Simon.....
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Miss who?

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2006
    O. Gin-ee.

Japanese, I think.

Nice gal.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Oh yeah, I think I've met her. Often...

Palzang
    edited November 2006
    Too often. She's more widely travelled than is good for her....
  • edited November 2006
    federica wrote:
    The World's Oldest Prejudice', By Jack Holland.

Anyone read this?
    I have just finished it....

...Wow.....

Hi, Federica!

How are you, by the way?

Getting back on topic----Yes! I just finished this book and I was really taken aback at what was mentioned. To use your own word---WOW!!!

Adiana:wow: :wow: :usflag: