Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Here's one to test your Buddhist devotion

2»

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited November 2006
    twobitbob, I guess all humans would love to self-preserve themselves - but it might be my life experiences (even though they might not be much), the Dharma, that I would like to keep in the face of death. :) Perhaps that is what we lose?
  • edited December 2006
    many will not accept their fate and die in shame... What we have to loose, we lost at birth. In order to exist we must be impermanent, being impermanent is a blessing, without it we don't exist.
  • edited December 2006
    Celebrin wrote:
    quoting gandalf lol.. bit beardy no?

nobody should be able to wield the power of who lives or dies.. its bemusing that ppl are given that power..

A thought or ideal doesn't breath, but a human does.. the worth of 1 man is kinda unlimited in comparison of our simple thoughts and morals.

I admit he would cause trouble if let out, but in confinement theres really nothing he can do, so really whats the point of killing him off?

Remember what else Gandolf said concerning killing Gullum?

We should not kill him for we know of the evil within him. We do not no what evil shall rise in his stead if we do in fact kill him. We know what happened after Saddam was de-throned, it should give us pause toward the desire to have him destroyed.
  • pineblossompineblossom Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Iawa wrote:
    Remember what else Gandolf said concerning killing Gullum?

We should not kill him for we know of the evil within him. We do not no what evil shall rise in his stead if we do in fact kill him. We know what happened after Saddam was de-throned, it should give us pause toward the desire to have him destroyed.

Yes - but Gandolf did not seem to find it necessary to err on the side of caution with regards to a whole range of others ....
  • edited December 2006
    didnt gandalf say sauron must be destroyed.. lol.. and he also had a battle with saruman concerning him siding