Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Smartphone Access?

chrispchechrispche Southend on Sea, Essex, UK Explorer
Hi, to whom ever it concerns. I was wondering if New Buddhist had something like Tapatalk support. Or maybe someone can suggest alternatives?

Thanks,

Chris.

Comments

• BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    Tapatalk would be nice
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    We have a pretty decent mobile skin, and a really, really nice new one is almost ready. :)

I have no plans to support Tapatalk. It's a nice idea, but there are many drawbacks that I don't want to deal with.
    lobsteranataman
  • lobsterlobster Crusty Veteran
    Lincoln said:

We have a pretty decent mobile skin, and a really, really nice new one is almost ready. :).

Me too.

Lobsterian lore: :o
    Love your skin, be careful during the shedding, you will be soft for a while . . .

Good luck. :wave:
  • It surprises me that people can regularly visit a forum like this on their phone. Guess I have old eyes . . .
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    The forum runs absolutely fine from my phone which is a cheap samsung galaxy y.
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    Lincoln said:

We have a pretty decent mobile skin, and a really, really nice new one is almost ready. :)

I have no plans to support Tapatalk. It's a nice idea, but there are many drawbacks that I don't want to deal with.

@Lincoln how do you start a new thread from the 'mobile skin' which I like a lot btw - I went around in circles today trying to start something but just could not work it out - iPhone 5c
  • Steve_B said:

It surprises me that people can regularly visit a forum like this on their phone .

yeah, me too.

-sent from my Windows phone.
  • Jayantha said:

Tapatalk would be nice

When you ordain are you going to ditch you smartphone? I know some monks still have access to computers as they are a tool to be used for spreading the Buddha's teachings, but what are you going to do with all your stuff? How long are you going to be ordained for?
    @anataman The icon in the top right corner.
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    Oh the speech bubble - god I'm stupid at times
    As a general rule: If you can't figure out how to use something someone else made, you're not stupid, they designed it poorly. :)
    anataman