Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Walk Like A Buddha by Lodro Rinzler

I just bought this and am about to read it. Anyone else done so? Thoughts?

Comments

• bfg84bfg84 Explorer

Just my opinion of course...... I find it much better to ask that question after ive read/ experienced something.
    I find that if i get peoples opinions on something before ive experienced it more often than not my views seem to pull inline with theirs.
    Or in the case of cigar and Ale reviews (two of my many vices) i spend the whole smoke/drink, looking for flavours or an experience that the reviewer had and before i know it i haven't experienced anything because i missed it while i was busy looking for someone elses.

much better to have an open mind and see how it goes x
    DavidjaeDharmaMcBum
  • Thank you for responding, I see where you're coming from, but (meaning no disrespect) I find prescriptions of how I should consume media kind of patronizing.
    I'm still interested in hearing from anyone who has read the book.
  • bfg84bfg84 Explorer
    no disrespect taken :)
    and please know that being patronizing was not my intention although i can see how that could be the case. x
  • I understand. Thank you. :)
  • I absolutely love this book! Great read. Funny, honest and straight on point for Buddhists that still live "in the world" and how to do it more mindfully. I think You will enjoy!
    pyramidsong
  • I just bought this and am about to read it. Anyone else done so? Thoughts?

Thoughts? I thought Buddha floats around in a lotus.
    pyramidsong
  • I'm reading it right now. I find the Q&A format very practical, and Lodro is a very entertaining writer. There are definitely some Q's in there that I had not really thought about before and meditating on them was fruitful.
    matthewmartin