Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Waiting

I get a similar feeling in meditation as when I am waiting for something annoying. Like waiting for the computer to come un-jammed.

Any thoughts on this feeling of waiting? How to make it go away? It has a suffering that goes along with it.

Comments

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    Get an Apple iMac!

Seriously, though restlessness is something I suffer from from time to time and you just have to let it be.
    Jeffrey
  • Jeffrey said:

I get a similar feeling in meditation as when I am waiting for something annoying. Like waiting for the computer to come un-jammed.

Any thoughts on this feeling of waiting? How to make it go away? It has a suffering that goes along with it.

You mean waiting as in 'waiting for the big experience to suddenly occur so that all your problems will disappear forever'?

Been there, done that.
    Jeffrey
  • You're waiting for "emptiness" to be filled, when it should just be accepted and let go of.
    Jeffrey
  • LiiLii Explorer
    A cure for the annoying feeling of waiting is to remind myself that I am in "the waiting place." I might be waiting for a phone call and thinking so much about that that I can feel unsettled. Then I remind myself that I am in the waiting place for that and occupy myself with something knowing that the phone call will come without me thinking about it and I will be a peace until it does.
    Straight_ManJeffrey
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    Jeffrey said:

It's just a thought. Let it go. Return to the breath.
    Jeffrey