Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sport in Australia

BunksBunks Australia Veteran
This article just goes to show how much sport has an effect on the Australian psyche.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-30/documents-suggest-fawad-ahmed-asylum-case-was-borderline/5225808

I reckon if Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler was alive and made a century wearing the "baggy green" (Australian cricket hat) at the MCG he'd receive a standing ovation!

Don't get me wrong, I am a supporter of all those seeking asylum in my country, I just find the fact that this guy may have received favourable treatment because he plays sport a little hard to swallow.

Comments

• I reckon if Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler was alive and made a century wearing the "baggy green" (Australian cricket hat) at the MCG he'd receive a standing ovation!
    If they spent more time practicing their bowling, we would all have been enriched by their presence . . . except those who practice ozzy heresy by not being interested in hitting bits of padded wood with unpadded bits . . .

HOWZAT!
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    Bunks said:

Don't get me wrong, I am a supporter of all those seeking asylum in my country, I just find the fact that this guy may have received favourable treatment because he plays sport a little hard to swallow.

Ditto