Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    well I don't know if people TRULY practicing mindfulness has gone mainstream... but talking about it sure has.
    BunkspersonInvincible_summer
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    Hey if you want to prophet from it you've got to be one step ahead.

LOL
    Bunks
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Similar to meditation, most will get bored when they don't see immediate results. They expect something to make them happy and when it doesn't work, they give it up for the next new thing on Time's cover. Can't build upwards with no foundation.
    Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    karasti said:

Similar to meditation, most will get bored when they don't see immediate results. They expect something to make them happy and when it doesn't work, they give it up for the next new thing on Time's cover. Can't build upwards with no foundation.

I hear ya. When the RWC was on in Oz in 2003, everyone in melbourne played rugby for about ten minutes then got over it...

• Very unlikely that mindfulness could ever reach the mainstream. Only the older generation seem to care more about meditation and mindfulness. Good luck trying to reach the younger generation.
    anataman
  • Oh noes it's going mainstream? My hipster ego is struggling right now... I'm no longer unique!

Why did the hipster burn his tongue?
    --
    --
    He drank his coffee before it was cool.
    BunksInvincible_summerS_Mouse
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    I'm not terribly older, I'm 38 but have been interested in Buddhism since my 20s. I just didn't have the ability to get answers to my questions so I lost my interest. But I do have children who get it to varying degrees. My 17 year old and my 5 year old listen quite well when we discuss mindfulness and presentness. My middle child has a harder time, he's very wrapped up in a materialistic grasping world, but we work on it. I wouldn't give up hope, kids are more aware than I was at their age.
    Bunks
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    If mindfullness become really fashionable I will have to stop doing it....:p
    Woah93anataman
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    Bunks said:

karasti said:

I hear ya. When the RWC was on in Oz in 2003, everyone in melbourne played rugby for about ten minutes then got over it...

Because Rugby sucks :P

Namaste,
    Raven