Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Singing bowl meditation - Or just boys with toys

anatamananataman Who needs a title?Where am I? Veteran
edited February 2014 in Meditation
I offer the sound of my singing bowl to all sentient beings, had a pleasant singing bowl meditation tonight.

I don't have a Ferrari, but the sound is more finely tuned & reliable.

It has om mani padme hum, embossed on the side and if you are in a meditative mood and tap it, da dada dada da, and rub the outer rim deliberately, it sings the mantra of compassion.

I am going to try and record it for you, but I'm only just learning to play this wonderful instrument. UNTIL THEN, perhaps you might listen to the deity of sound, as solicited by others. My computers hard drive appears to be resonating with the sound of OM..., what's really great is that it drowns out the sound of my thoughts, what a great antidote to thinking!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing_bowl for more info

Mettha
cvalue

Comments

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    anataman said:

I offer the sound of my singing bowl to all sentient beings, had a pleasant singing bowl meditation tonight.

I don't have a Ferrari, but the sound is more finely tuned & reliable.

It has om mani padme hum, embossed on the side and if you are in a meditative mood and tap it, da dada dada da, and rub the outer rim deliberately, it sings the mantra of compassion.

I am going to try and record it for you, but I'm only just learning to play this wonderful instrument. UNTIL THEN, perhaps you might listen to the deity of sound, as solicited by others. My computers hard drive appears to be resonating with the sound of OM..., what's really great is that it drowns out the sound of my thoughts, what a great antidote to thinking!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing_bowl for more info

Mettha

Dude, I'm sure your Singing Bowl is awesome, but you GOTTA change the title.

Singing "Bowel"? Dude that's just wrong - it's a visual I don't think anyone wants.

karastianatamancvaluepoptart
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Well technically everyone has a singing bowel from time to time ;)
    Bunkslobster
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited February 2014
    Why would I change it - you know what I mean - ok @federica do your thing and make me look respectable again... you put the U in humour now take the E out of shite
    edited February 2014
    Or just leave me to go down the pan!
    edited February 2014
    I was enjoying the post as well; humility! It just shows you something doesn't it, put the e next to a w on a keyboard. I mentioned something the other day about the 15 minute editing rule - can we extend the title edit to 48 hours please!

I'm going to bed after I play with my toys a bit more.

Mettha
  • A monk once said to us neophytes, 'the mind is full of shit, why not fill it with good shit?' ;)
    Yep he had the vernacular.

It is part of the benefits of Buddha dolls, shrines, new age cushions, incense etc. We are creating a mindful ambience.

Sure everything is dharma.
    First we build a mountain, then it is no mountain, then we have a mountain.

Just don't think that 'toys r us' . . . :)
    anataman
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Ha ha ha!! I just keep thinking of meditating on my singing bowels and can't stop chuckling to myself.

Fart jokes never get old.......
    Chazanatamansndymorn
    Bunks said:

Ha ha ha!! I just keep thinking of meditating on my singing bowels and can't stop chuckling to myself.

Fart jokes never get old.......

looks like fart jokes resonate more with people than singing bowls. lol
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    anataman said:

Why would I change it - you know what I mean - ok @federica do your thing and make me look respectable again... you put the U in humour now take the E out of shite

edited the melodic fart.

Thanks.
    Carry on.

Thanks, @federica. I would love to have a pop-up that says 'are you sure?' when you hit post comment.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I'd love a pop-up that says 'they've put it in the wrong forum again!' ....On second thoughts, maybe not...I'd never get any sleep..... :D
    anatamanBunks