Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

On Netflix now...

Aspiring_BuddhistAspiring_Buddhist Seeker of the Buddha WithinWA Veteran

There are a few Buddhist documentaries!

Sunrise/Sunset - documentary about a day in the Dalai Lama's life! (English subtitles)

10 Questions for the Dalai Lama - Not only 10 Questions but a biography of him as well.

Crazy Wisdom: The Life and Times of Chongyam Trungpa - <--- As described.

Bunks

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Not always available on UK netflix as I found, sadly, with other programmes mentioned here previously.... :(

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

Thank you! I will check them out!

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

@federica said:
    Not always available on UK netflix as I found, sadly, with other programmes mentioned here previously.... :(

I get netflix on my garage tv using a roku box to tap the service from the net. I also can get Vajra TV which is way cool.

• Aspiring_BuddhistAspiring_Buddhist Seeker of the Buddha Within WA Veteran

@federica said:

You can also check YouTube - there is a lot of Buddhism documentaries there too!

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Here's a link to an old post I have bookmarked with a lot of Buddhist documentaries, most free online.

http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/13546/documentaries-films-that-relate-directly-to-buddhism/p1

• Aspiring_BuddhistAspiring_Buddhist Seeker of the Buddha Within WA Veteran

Nice! Thanks @person !

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    edited March 2014

Watched Crazy Wisdom last night. :o

All I could think was how desperate people can be to find a spiritual authority. It's truly astounding.

• Was crazy wisdom biased or was it balanced @Nevermind‌?

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran

He didn't hide anything, nor did the documentary, yet he was extravagantly revered non the less. How does that work... desperation?