Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

easing body and mind

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Comments

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran

I knew it was all fake. :p

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

The article quite explicitly says it's not necessarily fake. It says that the scientific evidence proving that it is true is iffy.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I think they were pretty vague. Most of what they talk about is transcendental meditation, where people go to a class and then learn to meditate in a few hours. You won't do much if you keep doing the same thing over and over again. They didn't say at all what they reviewed in comparison to people who are practitioners meditating (or whatever) as a foundation for furthering practice and so on. I think (based on absolutely nothing, lol) that there seems to be a difference in people who meditate just because of health benefits or stress release and those who do it as part of a lifetime practice. There have been several recent studies showing changes in the chemical makeup of the brain of people who are master meditators. None of that was mentioned in the article, and then they lumped it in with those who play games on lumosity.com.

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran

Changed brains are better?