Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

From the t.v. show "Resurrection":

vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

"You know what they say. Karma is an anal probe."

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I love this show! Caleb also said he was enlightened, that there is no life and death. Of course, he's taken a bit more of a nihilist direction to it...but it caught my attention. I rarely get caught up in tv shows, and if it weren't for baseball we wouldn't have tv at all. But I really like this show.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@vinlyn said:
    "You know what they say. Karma is an anal probe."

Please explain......

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

@Bunks said:
    Please explain......

It was kinda out of the blue, but the guy who said it was in jail.

Kundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Who'd be a proctologist....?

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

No, actually he was a bank robber.

I didn't say it made sense...and I still don't get it in the context of the show. As Karasti said, they also mentioned "enlightened", although I'm not sure that was at all in a Buddhist context.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

No, I didn't mean the quote was stated by a proctologist...I mean, 'oh to be a proctologist and see someone's karma winking at you from their cloaca profundis...

karastivinlyn
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited April 2014

As someone who was abducted by aliens as a child I take offense to this statement!

person
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

No, I don't think any of it was intended to be perceived in a Buddhist manner.