Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Newbuddhist on MySpace?

edited March 2007 in General Banter
I wanted to express my gratitude to Brian and everyone on the site by creating a simple MySpace site for the sangha. I thought it might be another great way for everyone here to network with other's who have similar thoughts and beliefs. Maybe a few people that see it might even come to the forum and bring some interesting conversation.

The site is http://www.myspace.com/newbuddhistforum

I did e-mail/ message Brian about it yesterday to let him know it is there. If he doesn't want me to keep it up that's ok too, I just wanted to do something for the site. So anyway, you MySpacers that are out there add the forum as a "friend".

Comments

• edited November 2006
    what a cool idea
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited November 2006
    Thank you :) That's a really nice tribute :thumbsup:
  • edited November 2006
    Brian wrote:
    Thank you :) That's a really nice tribute :thumbsup:

Glad you have given it the stamp of approval Brian!

So who is on MySpace? Send some friend requests over so we can get the people on this forum added, hehe!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    I'm so on top of this. I've already added it and I'm going there right now to add a comment to the page. Thanks for doing this, LFA. I'll put the profile in my Top 24 as well.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Thanks, LFA,

This could even get me using MySpace more regularly.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Very good idea, Mr. Smartypants.

I'm on it.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2006
    Am I totally unique, then?

I don't have a 'MySpace' account.....
  • edited November 2006
    Sorry to steal your uniqueness, federica, but I don't have one either...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2006
    Let's be unique together!!:tonguec:
  • edited November 2006
    LFA,

Thanks! I have added the site to my list of friends. KEWL!

Adiana:usflag:
  • edited November 2006
    woo hoo, I've added everyone who has sent requests so far...
  • edited November 2006
    Been messing around with the profile a bit and changed the layout, those of you who have myspace let me know what you think of the new changes to the layout.
  • edited December 2006
    woo hoo, the page just hit 100 friends...

http://www.myspace.com/newbuddhistforum
  • edited March 2007
    just an update, the NewBuddhist profile on myspace has gained over 300+ friends. I'm curious, Brian if you're reading this, has there been an additional amount of people checking out the forum since the profile started?? Just wondering...
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited March 2007
    no, not really :-/ I get on average 5 new registrations a day, and 99% of them are spammers. So, in a week, maybe we gain one new member. :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Does anyone know who created the Thubten Chodron profile on MySpace? Just curious.
  • edited March 2007
    I've picked up a couple of new friends on myspace and when I asked them how they found my page they said the newbuddistforum. I saw one of the two ppl registering here. So I know we have picked up at least one new member because of myspace.....

So that's cool...........maybe more will come with time.....
    edited March 2007
    Brigid wrote:
    Does anyone know who created the Thubten Chodron profile on MySpace? Just curious.

I don't know - but I added her as a friend.

-bf
  • edited March 2007
    I mentioned in a PM to Brigid that I did the Thubten Chodron page. I also did the one for Pema Chodron. Neither of them had a page and I thought their teachings should be made available on myspace. I know people could search for them and find info, but I'm packing as much info as I can onto each of their pages. PLus it's fun creating the pages so...
    edited March 2007
    Do you think they will have a problem with this?

I mean, I think it's cool, but ...

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2007
    I don't think there will be any problem since it's made very clear on the profile that it is a tribute page and not an official page the teacher's created themselves. As long as it's kept accurate and respectful I think it should be fine. There are a ton of tribute pages on MySpace anyway so it's pretty well understood what they're all about. I just love having the pictures of Pema Chodron, Thubten Chodron, Trungpa Rinpoche and the rest of the great teachers on my profile. They make me happy and remind me to practice hard.