Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Think vacation

I will not be on for awhile. I was doing a meditation and what everyone has been telling me just seemed right suddenly. My meditation was cut short to post this...

I will be off of the forums for some time. I will be taking walks and trying to enjoy things. :)

Thanks everyone

lobsterVictoriousanatamanHamsakaInvincible_summerwangchuey

Comments

• GraymanGrayman Veteran

BTW - you can reply but don't expect me to say anything or read anything. I will read it some time from now. ;)

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

Enjoy. And relax.

• howhow Veteran Veteran

@Grayman

Next time, consider whether the priority is the meditation, or cutting it short to tell us that you are making it a priority.

Hope that returning here at some time will be part of that enjoyment you seek.

Take care
    Howard.

Kundo
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Welcome back.

'The cushion now departing . . .'

Victoriousanataman
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Though the response to your comments might have seemed overwhelming at times, no harm was ever intended.
    But Buddhism can't provide you with the answers you need if you know nothing about Buddhism.
    During this time off, delve deeper in the theory and do plenty of meditation.
    Then come back to tell us what you have found.
    Metta.

• VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran

Its like hotel California dude. You check in but you never check out. Muahahahah.

/Victor

anataman
  • MeisterBobMeisterBob Mindful Agnathiest CT , USA Veteran
    edited May 2014

"Perhaps the most "spiritual" thing any of us
    can do is simply to look through our own eyes, see with eyes of wholeness, and act with integrity and kindness" Jon Kabot-Zinn.

I like this quote from JKZ because of its simplicity. Follow your heart and be well. :) Bob

Jeffrey
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Sometimes exploring buddhism leads you to the point of madness, when the rugs are pulled from under your feet to reveal that nothing is supporting you. What can you rely on? All you have is the Three Jewels and they reflect one another - remember that ;)

... \ lol / ...

BuddhadragonJeffrey
  • GraymanGrayman Veteran

• lobsterlobster Veteran

^^^ Nice video, sound, dancing, ice palace and nymph . . . I knew they existed . . . :buck: . . .

• GraymanGrayman Veteran

That is so amazing. I almost just want to drive down there from WA and just spend a day admiring it.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2014

Me too. There was an article on line, quite some time ago about a winter-time phenomenon - a natural one, no human hand in it - of huge metre -wide "hoops" of snow, some anything to two metres in diameter, being formed by wind picking up and lifting a particular 'type' of snow... It was amazing, but I've never been able to re-find it, disappointingly....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Found a video - but the article I read was referring to this phenomenon in the 40's...the hoops were much bigger than. Maybe global warming has something to do with the size difference...
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=oVN2U_S7CYG6OKTegMAD&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xux54aK_gc0&cd=3&ved=0CDQQtwIwAg&usg=AFQjCNH-qdIcOYRFJVX__CnPgnlQVv9YdA&sig2=KoQg-SiEVarDcBbwr9CKHQ

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran

@Grayman - Your vacation from NB was pretty short. How did it go?

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

little steps lead to great steps... @invinciblesummer

• GraymanGrayman Veteran

@Invincible_summer said:
    Grayman - Your vacation from NB was pretty short. How did it go?

I need to choose a better time.

• GraymanGrayman Veteran

@Grayman said:

My thoughts are not as relentless as before but now everything is slow. I need to deal with something first.

There is no better place than "here", there is no better time than "Now".

If you cannot find Peace, Serenity and Joy where you 'are' right now - then where else do you expect to find it?

BuddhadragonInvincible_summer
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Here and now. Perfect vacation resort...

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran

@anataman said:
    little steps lead to great steps... invinciblesummer

I wasn't judging @Grayman, just wondering if someone happened that caused him to change his mind about an extended break.

@Grayman said:
    My thoughts are not as relentless as before but now everything is slow. I need to deal with something first.

Fair enough. Although it's true what @federica says, that there is no better time than "now," sometimes we're just not ready.
    Best of luck.

• footiamfootiam Veteran

@Grayman said:
    I will not be on for awhile. I was doing a meditation and what everyone has been telling me just seemed right suddenly. My meditation was cut short to post this...

I will be off of the forums for some time. I will be taking walks and trying to enjoy things. :)

Thanks everyone

It is hard work here, really!

You're telling me!