Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Speaking of dreams...

It's a month later and I am still recalling this odd dream I had. It makes me smile every time I think about it though despite its weirdness. Anywho, thought I'd share it. Here it is:

I was listening in person to a Dharma talk given by a non-descript monk. He took questions afterwards and a line formed; I jumped in line with a question in mind but as I moved in line, I answered my own question. So I came up with another one...then promptly answered that one. I remember thinking, this damn self... me... I... it's all about 'you' isn't it I asked myself. And then a not extremely skillful expression of my frustration came to me just as I realized that it was my turn and I blurted it out. "F@#& You!"

Two of us found that EXTREMELY funny while the rest of those present were mortified. Still making me chuckle a month later though.

Kundo

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

There was once a fictional book called "Tales of a Dalai Lama" by Pierre Delattre. One of the stories was about an old woman who heard that the Dalai Lama was scheduled to make a visit to a town at some distance from where she lived. She determined to go. It was a long walk and at her age it wasn't easy. By the time she stood in line to meet the Dalai Lama in person, she was so wrung out, she couldn't think what to say, so she said approximately, "Do you wear underpants under those robes?"

Jeffreyyagr
  • CittaCitta Veteran

There is a well known Lama called Chime Rinpoche.
    Rinpoche worked part time in the Tibetan Sacred Art section of the British Museum in an advisory capacity.

My ( then teenage ) son had a scheduled one-to-one interview with Chime Rinpoche while on retreat.

He carefully rehearsed all his questions as he sat outside Rinpoche's room awaiting his slot...

When his turn came his mind went blank..feeling he had to ask something he said

" How can I get a job at the British Museum " ?

anatamanyagr